View Single Post
Old 09-16-2006, 10:59 AM   #31
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/09/15 - Kansas City, MO - Kemper Arena

First Tool show, and when I try to compare it to any other show I've ever been to, I realize that what I experienced last night is something else altogether. To say that it was the best show I have ever seen (quite a few) would be an understatement. I have been a huge tool fan since Lateralus, and if I had really been exposed to them before that, I'm sure I would have been a fan even earlier. That being said, I waited four years for this show after not being able to attend the Lateralus tour, and I'm thrilled that I was finally able to see them. I will continue to see every show in my area for as long as they continue to play.

Now for the details. I didn't think Isis was amazing, but I would never dream of scoffing at them either. I could tell that they can definitely create moods with their music through their use of reverb and layering. Their drummer was great, but, of course, he was taking the stage just before the legendary-being, THE Danny Carey. Some old guy sitting next to me had an Isis cd that he bought, and when I asked him, "Is that the Isis cd?" he replied, "Nope, its the new Tool cd." As I could see plainly even in the dark, it was not 10000 Days, I got goosebumps. Maybe they released a live album or something that I didnt hear about. I got up and went quickly to the merchandise booth, waited in a big mob of people for about fifteen minutes only to discover that it was, just as I had suspected, the Isis cd. I still have no idea why the guy lied to me. Just some old fruitcake I guess.

Then Tool started. YOu cant even really talk about highlights at a show like this. It transcended the idea that a band would have high moments and low moments in a set. I always hear and read about how people hate that others mosh at Tool shows, which didnt really bother me, because it didnt affect me. What did bother me was the fact that everyone didnt remain completely silent throughout Wings pt 1 and 2. I dont want to bitch about it, but I jsut think that would have been really cool. The lighters at the end of the regular set was amazing, you felt like you were in some sort of Pagan Temple, it truly reminded me of the second Indiana Jones movie. THe room was WELL lit.

All in all an amazing show I wouldnt trade it for the world.
OFFLINE |