View Single Post
Old 09-16-2006, 08:36 AM   #25
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/09/15 - Kansas City, MO - Kemper Arena

Thoughts before the show:
Call me an elitist, call me arrogant, call me whatever. I understand liking the band and wanting to show support, but " think for yourself" applies to more than just verbage. Walking around felt like ...high school. Checkout my brand new shirt of the band I'm going to see wearing the shirt of the band I'm going to see. It's cool more people are into Tool, but you ever get the feeling it's the "cool thing" to see Tool? The music should be a unifier. I felt out of place not smoking and drinking 'til I stumble, mumble, and fumble. So from the corner of Liberty & Wyoming, high on my horse and waving my mighty finger, I wait... and see an underbelly.
Thoughts after:
Music and Tools performance were great. As for the crowd, lemmings. All lemmings. One person clap, all people clap. One person give a WOOOO during Wings(WTF?), everyone give a WOOOO. I think I'm getting old and pissy, but I want Tool to play an opera house. No pit, no drunken beligerant fuckers. Just a stage for the artists and their craft.
Also, I saw the fireworks. Kinda cool, kinda funny anyway. Maynard, you buck ridin' two-steppin' sumbitch. Ride on.

Last edited by Aquaqube; 09-16-2006 at 08:39 AM.. Reason: found more scribbling on my arm...
OFFLINE |