View Single Post
Old 09-15-2006, 11:25 PM   #18
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/09/15 - Kansas City, MO - Kemper Arena

As post as the other posters have mentioned... Awesome, awesome, fantabulus show. Mad props to the people with the TOOL sign. I loved seeing one hand holding a letter, and the other hand holding a lighter. Which is something that I would like to thank all the people in attendance for. Awesome sight looking out seeing that many little flames, looked really, really, well- beautiful.

I would like to say that I for one dug the shit outta ISIS. I only caught half thier set, But, well, I'm listening to some ISIS right now. And I'm tired of hearing them catch shit. Solid, heavy sounds, and besides. You went there to see Tool, right? ISIS was a free little appatizer to get the mood right. ISIS was there because Tool likes them and wanted to expose us (you) to something new. Kinda like when I got to see APC with Sunna... and now Sunna is ranked number 9 on my last.fm page. Or when Tool had Bill Hicks open those few shows... I don't even need to say anything else there.

But yeah, Tool was solid and dead on. Maynard was Maynard, what ever that means- and for what it's worth. Mostly stayed on his platform except during Lost Keys. Adam seems to have the TalkBox down, and I jived when he walked closer to the center of the stage during Schism (maybe it was Jambi?) and they proceeded to rock the fuck out. That part alone shows Danny's skills, and skills were in abundance in Danny's case. The Man threw in so many sick as fuck fills, ... I just don't know what to say about Danny, if you've seen him play you know what I mean. And Justins bass is right where it should be. As a band, Tool could not have sounded better, They were spot on, and the way they were playing the songs shows how well they work together. If it gets better than this, well. I'll have me a ticket... no doubt about that.

And in closing, I paid for the ticket I bought because that is WHERE I WANTED TO VIEW THE SHOW FROM. I'm about sick of seeing these assholes with second balcony tickets deciding where THEY want to view the show from. And that's usually somewhere in lower level reserved seats. I didn't have much trouble, I was on my feet and animated enough that I was able to keep a decent "comfort zone" around me, Picking an asile seat was worth it, belive that. But I watched these 3 scraggly looking fucks elbow in 3 rows ahead of me and completely fuck the view for about 6 people behind them. I'd like to think that Tool fans are more enlightened than this. But I'd a;so like to think that Tool fans see the idiocy of moshing....

So yeah, Do I get the longest post prize? Thank you Sooo very much, TooL.
This was my first time to see you play live and you definately surpassed everything I had expected, I'd even hazard to say that you surpassed everything I was hoping for. (Sober and Right In Two woulda put it over the top. ;p )
OFFLINE |