View Single Post
Old 09-15-2006, 10:29 PM   #15
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/09/15 - Kansas City, MO - Kemper Arena

First off, Isis was horrible! I don't know who Gregorio in Dalllas saw, but it must have been a different band. They have a good drummer, but he is hidden by the amps. He is the ONLY reason to watch them. It was like elevator music and Pantera meshed together (horribly I might add). Nothing to see here Minnesota!!!

Tool's set was the same as Dallas, so all of you who wrote it down to post it here, don't waste your time.

Maynard was pretty animated for being sick recently. He covered it well. His vocals were AMAZING! There were a couple of songs he didn't finish the lyrics on though. Adam played great, but messed up a little at the end of Lateralus. He mostly stayed in one spot. Justin was killer on the bass. It seemed like he was into every song, and was moving around more than last time at Memorial Hall. Danny IS the DRUMMING GOD. He played flawlessly, hard as hell, and viciously tore through the set.

I think Schism is on it's last leg as a set piece, and I could have done without Rosetta Stoned. I know it's new, but with the walkie talkie lyrics at the begining I think it is better off played in my elsewhere. If they could start off in the middle of the song it would be much better. Wings seemed like a space filler. 10,000 Days was good to see once, but the lasers took away from the on stage performance.

Now for the good. Stinkfist is an amazing way to start the show. The Pot, 46 & 2, and Jambi were played with high energy and the crowd LOVED it. Lateralus is ALWAYS good live, and the visuals were the best ones of the night. Vicarious and Aenema are the ABSOLUTE BEST way to end the show. No Opiate tonight which was a little disappointing, but there is always the second leg of the tour, right?

Crowd - A+
Energy - A+
Set list - B-
Lasers - C
Overall TOOL experience - A+++++
OFFLINE |