View Single Post
LAWSONMILLIKEN
06-30-2010, 04:33 PM

First of all, WOW! 13 year fan of tool and I have never seen them live. (priorities, kids, work) you get the idea. I have purchased tickets to these genious' on 2 separate occasions, of which both fell through and I had to sell. I have never witnessed anything like I did last night. The last 10 years solid I have been dying to see them, so it has been an interesting psychological build up to last night. Of course, I went into the show thinking, "Is this really going to be everything I have had to wait for, for 10 years straight?" The answer is YES, without a doubt. Let me add here; LIVE DVD PLEASE!! Granted, it will not hold a candle to being there, but I would be more than content with one. My personal highlight of the night had to be FLOOD. Caught me completely off guard and to be honest, this is one song that I have never really taken a strong liking to. Not because I didn't like the feel, only because there are way too many others. I now feel otherwise; I have been listening to this song all day now because last nights amazing performance of it. Looking at it in another light for sure. I want to say that the security nazi's were the downfall of the night for me. Assholes; they would not leave anybody alone. We were next to some really cool people who had some killer greens. Added to the experience for sure. Maynard's vocals were spot on the whole night. Especially impressive in THIRD EYE. I must say when Maynard was imitating what sounded like an auctioneer just before the HEY HEY into Aenima, I had to giggle. I managed to get an autographed poster and the limited edition t-shirt. Very happy. If I never seen them again, I would die a happy man. Nobody will ever top a performance like that, other than the masters' themselves.....Truly unbelievable. To everyone else awaiting their arrival, "Be ready for a life altering experience that you will never forget." I wish I could have taken my children to witness such a beautiful performance...........Maybe next time..
Old 06-30-2010, 04:33 PM   #26
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: 06.29.2010 - Denver, CO @ Red Rocks

First of all, WOW! 13 year fan of tool and I have never seen them live. (priorities, kids, work) you get the idea. I have purchased tickets to these genious' on 2 separate occasions, of which both fell through and I had to sell. I have never witnessed anything like I did last night. The last 10 years solid I have been dying to see them, so it has been an interesting psychological build up to last night. Of course, I went into the show thinking, "Is this really going to be everything I have had to wait for, for 10 years straight?" The answer is YES, without a doubt. Let me add here; LIVE DVD PLEASE!! Granted, it will not hold a candle to being there, but I would be more than content with one. My personal highlight of the night had to be FLOOD. Caught me completely off guard and to be honest, this is one song that I have never really taken a strong liking to. Not because I didn't like the feel, only because there are way too many others. I now feel otherwise; I have been listening to this song all day now because last nights amazing performance of it. Looking at it in another light for sure. I want to say that the security nazi's were the downfall of the night for me. Assholes; they would not leave anybody alone. We were next to some really cool people who had some killer greens. Added to the experience for sure. Maynard's vocals were spot on the whole night. Especially impressive in THIRD EYE. I must say when Maynard was imitating what sounded like an auctioneer just before the HEY HEY into Aenima, I had to giggle. I managed to get an autographed poster and the limited edition t-shirt. Very happy. If I never seen them again, I would die a happy man. Nobody will ever top a performance like that, other than the masters' themselves.....Truly unbelievable. To everyone else awaiting their arrival, "Be ready for a life altering experience that you will never forget." I wish I could have taken my children to witness such a beautiful performance...........Maybe next time..
OFFLINE |