View Single Post
dave-tx
07-26-2009, 12:36 PM

Lots of good posts here. I'd agree with many points made by others. My seat was just off the corner of the stage by Justin, and he absolutely rocked the entire night. It was a treat watching him up close. Flood just killed.

I must have been sitting right near cybergimp, because I saw someone right by me get plunked with the pick, and nobody really make a move to get it.

I didn't notice at the time, but a friend mentioned that Maynard's lyrics and the end of 46&2 were "Forty-six and two...is Forty-eight". Anyone else hear that?

As was mentioned, I thought the acoustics weren't great, especially in relation to the vocals. The additional use of the megaphone didn't help. Vocals were much clearer at the Dallas show. I was also a bit annoyed at the lack of an attempt at singing the end of Vicarious.

Overall, very enjoyable show. I would have been happier with a twist to the setlist, but I don't regret going (not by a long shot).

I thought Tweak Bird was outstanding, by the way. Those guys have clearly listened to their Melvins discs a few times.
Old 07-26-2009, 12:36 PM   #30
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 07.24.09 - San Antonio, TX @ AT&T Center

Lots of good posts here. I'd agree with many points made by others. My seat was just off the corner of the stage by Justin, and he absolutely rocked the entire night. It was a treat watching him up close. Flood just killed.

I must have been sitting right near cybergimp, because I saw someone right by me get plunked with the pick, and nobody really make a move to get it.

I didn't notice at the time, but a friend mentioned that Maynard's lyrics and the end of 46&2 were "Forty-six and two...is Forty-eight". Anyone else hear that?

As was mentioned, I thought the acoustics weren't great, especially in relation to the vocals. The additional use of the megaphone didn't help. Vocals were much clearer at the Dallas show. I was also a bit annoyed at the lack of an attempt at singing the end of Vicarious.

Overall, very enjoyable show. I would have been happier with a twist to the setlist, but I don't regret going (not by a long shot).

I thought Tweak Bird was outstanding, by the way. Those guys have clearly listened to their Melvins discs a few times.
OFFLINE |