View Single Post
operativex
07-25-2009, 09:04 AM

Man! Another great Tool concert (my 7th since 2001). These 4 extraordinary gentlemen never fail to impress. Yes, there are always a couple of things that maybe could have been done differently, but to me, it's ALL GOOD!

Some thoughts on last night's show:

We sat in section 103, acoustics were pretty damn good, quite clear most of the time. Very LOUD which was nice :) I am impressed they can generate that much noise from what seems like a relatively small speaker stack (compared to speaker stacks of old).

The guys were kicking ass and taking names. Maynard seemed to be enjoying himself, thanked us for inviting them into our "apartment", chatted it up a bit throughout the night. During Rosetta Stoned the pitch of his megaphone voice was really high, almost frantic it seemed, it was awesome! I was picturing the dude at Area 51 freaking out and running around.

Danny.... oh Danny. Not much needs to be said. AMAZING like always!

Adam seemed to play a few new melodies here and there in different songs, which was nice. GREAT guitarist and I love his surgical precision.

I think Justin really stole last night's show, white jumpsuit (like Adam), then he played with the hoodie on for a bit, then out of nowhere he's wearing a HUGE novelty cowboy hat! It was hilarious and I applaud him for acknowledging the Texas crowd in that manner, hahaha Justin is always great in how INTO his playing he is. Constantly jamming out like crazy, and I am always impressed by how many of the music notes are actually coming from his bass; he plays that thing like a normal guitar....

I love when the guys stand together for a little while on stage. That must be an awesome feeling for them. How fortunate we all are to have these 4 men come together and play for us as TOOL.

46&2 just kills live. The notes at the end just pound into your skull, it's awesome...

The intro to Flood seemed to be shorter than usual. Too bad, I love the slow build up in that song!

The "drumsterbation" was awesome and the guest drummer was very impressive! One of the better drum-off's I've seen during a Tool show!!

I was disappointed at the cresendo of Vicarious (Maynard just held the mic towards the crowd); we didn't even get the last line this time.... If that's the last song you're going to leave the crowd with, why end it like that?

Like someone else mentioned, leaving the AT&T Center was VERY fast, hats off to the venue for actually doing something to help traffic out of there.

Anyway, I feel lucky that I got to see Tool again so soon (less than 2 years). Hopefully the guys will start putting their heads together for some new music soon!
Old 07-25-2009, 09:04 AM   #19
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 07.24.09 - San Antonio, TX @ AT&T Center

Man! Another great Tool concert (my 7th since 2001). These 4 extraordinary gentlemen never fail to impress. Yes, there are always a couple of things that maybe could have been done differently, but to me, it's ALL GOOD!

Some thoughts on last night's show:

We sat in section 103, acoustics were pretty damn good, quite clear most of the time. Very LOUD which was nice :) I am impressed they can generate that much noise from what seems like a relatively small speaker stack (compared to speaker stacks of old).

The guys were kicking ass and taking names. Maynard seemed to be enjoying himself, thanked us for inviting them into our "apartment", chatted it up a bit throughout the night. During Rosetta Stoned the pitch of his megaphone voice was really high, almost frantic it seemed, it was awesome! I was picturing the dude at Area 51 freaking out and running around.

Danny.... oh Danny. Not much needs to be said. AMAZING like always!

Adam seemed to play a few new melodies here and there in different songs, which was nice. GREAT guitarist and I love his surgical precision.

I think Justin really stole last night's show, white jumpsuit (like Adam), then he played with the hoodie on for a bit, then out of nowhere he's wearing a HUGE novelty cowboy hat! It was hilarious and I applaud him for acknowledging the Texas crowd in that manner, hahaha Justin is always great in how INTO his playing he is. Constantly jamming out like crazy, and I am always impressed by how many of the music notes are actually coming from his bass; he plays that thing like a normal guitar....

I love when the guys stand together for a little while on stage. That must be an awesome feeling for them. How fortunate we all are to have these 4 men come together and play for us as TOOL.

46&2 just kills live. The notes at the end just pound into your skull, it's awesome...

The intro to Flood seemed to be shorter than usual. Too bad, I love the slow build up in that song!

The "drumsterbation" was awesome and the guest drummer was very impressive! One of the better drum-off's I've seen during a Tool show!!

I was disappointed at the cresendo of Vicarious (Maynard just held the mic towards the crowd); we didn't even get the last line this time.... If that's the last song you're going to leave the crowd with, why end it like that?

Like someone else mentioned, leaving the AT&T Center was VERY fast, hats off to the venue for actually doing something to help traffic out of there.

Anyway, I feel lucky that I got to see Tool again so soon (less than 2 years). Hopefully the guys will start putting their heads together for some new music soon!
OFFLINE |