View Single Post
Vincent_Alan's Avatar Vincent_Alan
07-19-2009, 01:03 AM

I can certainly understand the frustration with the setlist. It was essentially the same one we've seen the past few years, and it even seemed more stripped down than that. I was at the Temple Buell show and that was the most disappointing setlist until now -- okay TB was more disappointing considering how much I paid to get into that show.

I was especially bummed about not seeing 10,000 Days. The one Tool show I've missed in Denver in the many years I've been seeing them and I miss the only show (the last time they were here) where they play that song. Oh well. Flood was really cool, and I LOVED what they did with reconstructions to Lateralus and Schism. And the visuals were fucking awesome.

But it sucks to complain about a Tool show when there is so much to be positive about with their shows. The "standing there" thing someone else mentioned was their new approach to the encore (I think), and it was odd and cool. Maynard running back in his underoos was cool too.

I hope they come back and I hope they add some new songs to the setlist. And for god's sake I hope the douchy jock types stay at home. They are starting to dominate the shows, and it is fucking lame to hear these people chant "Tool, Tool, Tool ..." like it is some sort of football game. Seriously, where do they think they are....

Anyway, I'm stoked I got to see them and I hate that I added more negativity in this thread to what was another great Tool experience.
Old 07-19-2009, 01:03 AM   #7
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: 08.18.09 - Denver, CO @ Mile High Fest

I can certainly understand the frustration with the setlist. It was essentially the same one we've seen the past few years, and it even seemed more stripped down than that. I was at the Temple Buell show and that was the most disappointing setlist until now -- okay TB was more disappointing considering how much I paid to get into that show.

I was especially bummed about not seeing 10,000 Days. The one Tool show I've missed in Denver in the many years I've been seeing them and I miss the only show (the last time they were here) where they play that song. Oh well. Flood was really cool, and I LOVED what they did with reconstructions to Lateralus and Schism. And the visuals were fucking awesome.

But it sucks to complain about a Tool show when there is so much to be positive about with their shows. The "standing there" thing someone else mentioned was their new approach to the encore (I think), and it was odd and cool. Maynard running back in his underoos was cool too.

I hope they come back and I hope they add some new songs to the setlist. And for god's sake I hope the douchy jock types stay at home. They are starting to dominate the shows, and it is fucking lame to hear these people chant "Tool, Tool, Tool ..." like it is some sort of football game. Seriously, where do they think they are....

Anyway, I'm stoked I got to see them and I hate that I added more negativity in this thread to what was another great Tool experience.
OFFLINE |