View Single Post
livid star's Avatar livid star
01-20-2012, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merkaboy View Post
WOW some people have COMPLETELY different experiences!!!

....and regarding the theory that if you've seen them a lot, it gets stale?? wow, news to me! I've got a collection of hundreds of live shows, and personally I've seen them 28 times as of last sunday, and i wish i could see the show again tomorrow!!
the reason I'm so obsessed with they're live show is because it produces an ecclesiastic high, a moment of uncontrollable emotional ecstasy that you can't replicate in any kind of church. its a psychedelic experience that needs no substances. its not always there...the gorge '06 and the '09 tour was kind of lackluster. but since '10 its been truly stellar. if there was a band that puts on a better live show, i'd like to know...
I know what happened. I took Sativa (4 hrs after other edibles) after 10 months of doing NOTHING. It put my ass in a nasty state of mind. I can't clearly remember parts of the show that others have been able to recall so eloquently. I wanted so bad for the euphoric escapism, but my own head bullshit prevented me from being dialed in with you all. In retrospect, the set list looks great but I can't clearly recall the performances....deen a doog toob.

And at what point did they do that jam?? I recall the jam session segment. Does anyone remember the composition???
Old 01-20-2012, 06:30 PM   #28
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 3
Re: 01.15.2012 - Las Vegas, NV @ Mandalay Bay Events Centre

Quote:
Originally Posted by merkaboy View Post
WOW some people have COMPLETELY different experiences!!!

....and regarding the theory that if you've seen them a lot, it gets stale?? wow, news to me! I've got a collection of hundreds of live shows, and personally I've seen them 28 times as of last sunday, and i wish i could see the show again tomorrow!!
the reason I'm so obsessed with they're live show is because it produces an ecclesiastic high, a moment of uncontrollable emotional ecstasy that you can't replicate in any kind of church. its a psychedelic experience that needs no substances. its not always there...the gorge '06 and the '09 tour was kind of lackluster. but since '10 its been truly stellar. if there was a band that puts on a better live show, i'd like to know...
I know what happened. I took Sativa (4 hrs after other edibles) after 10 months of doing NOTHING. It put my ass in a nasty state of mind. I can't clearly remember parts of the show that others have been able to recall so eloquently. I wanted so bad for the euphoric escapism, but my own head bullshit prevented me from being dialed in with you all. In retrospect, the set list looks great but I can't clearly recall the performances....deen a doog toob.

And at what point did they do that jam?? I recall the jam session segment. Does anyone remember the composition???