View Single Post
Godin
08-12-2006, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasha
...how passive we are as a people. We want this information...we reach it...somewhat understand it...we never go back to it...pure laziness...effort...grasp some greater understanding.

Wow, I read this right after you wrote it and it vaguely resonated with me. I've now reread it and realized how insightful what you said was... your comprehension of how the dramatic significance to the albums fall in relation to each other, as you nailed down with your summary below.

Quote:
Lateralus was in essence our "holy gift"... 10,000 Days is our way of going on about...
You just summed up entirely what 10,000 Days is with that one remark. You've understood so concisely, and I'm of course happy because it happens to be in accord with what I've thought concerning the album. I've just used different terminology to arrive at the understanding.

Another way to put, or to add to, what you have said directly above would be

Quote:
Lateralus was in essence our "holy gift"... 10,000 Days is our way of going on about [and of not letting the message of Lateralus sink in. It is an album which more fervently pleads for the listener to take to heart the type of message that was presented in Lateralus].
-Godin

Do we move only 'cause we need to move, and hense should state all the rest -the justifications- as mere pretense?
Old 08-12-2006, 08:06 PM   #33
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1
Re: Neither the brave nor bold...

Quote:
...how passive we are as a people. We want this information...we reach it...somewhat understand it...we never go back to it...pure laziness...effort...grasp some greater understanding.

Wow, I read this right after you wrote it and it vaguely resonated with me. I've now reread it and realized how insightful what you said was... your comprehension of how the dramatic significance to the albums fall in relation to each other, as you nailed down with your summary below.

Quote:
Lateralus was in essence our "holy gift"... 10,000 Days is our way of going on about...
You just summed up entirely what 10,000 Days is with that one remark. You've understood so concisely, and I'm of course happy because it happens to be in accord with what I've thought concerning the album. I've just used different terminology to arrive at the understanding.

Another way to put, or to add to, what you have said directly above would be

Quote:
Lateralus was in essence our "holy gift"... 10,000 Days is our way of going on about [and of not letting the message of Lateralus sink in. It is an album which more fervently pleads for the listener to take to heart the type of message that was presented in Lateralus].
-Godin

Do we move only 'cause we need to move, and hense should state all the rest -the justifications- as mere pretense?
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote