View Single Post
HelenA's Avatar HelenA
08-12-2006, 01:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMetalSox
ideas are our leaders...what is our main idea?

there are thousands of us on TDN...what are our main ideas, what do we want most to change...

certanlty...i am drunk so please diregard my spelling....anyways...
where would we begin?

GREAT - but can it be an international revolution? Cos I am far away (and I want to play too).

And (sorry Godin - didn't mean to ignore the thread). I agree with (someone) that the media is controlled by people who continue to toe the line that the more tragedy the better - preferably with pictures and sobbing relatives and blood is cool too. Remember how scathing Maynard is towards CNN. I guess the brave story-teller would just tell the story. Without elaboration.

The other thing that this thread reminds me of is that line in Euolgy : he had a lot of nothing to say ... pointing his finger etc. It is a bit like your idea of conveying an important message that kind of gets lost. And I totally agree with the hilarious idea that in our "heightened state of consciousness" we have these BRILLIANT insightful ideas but then the next day - it is like WHAT the FUCK was I thinking? And thank GOD I didn't have a bloody pen - it would be even more embarrassing if I wrote it down!

Last edited by HelenA; 08-12-2006 at 01:53 AM..
Old 08-12-2006, 01:29 AM   #30
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 1989
Re: Neither the brave nor bold...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMetalSox
ideas are our leaders...what is our main idea?

there are thousands of us on TDN...what are our main ideas, what do we want most to change...

certanlty...i am drunk so please diregard my spelling....anyways...
where would we begin?

GREAT - but can it be an international revolution? Cos I am far away (and I want to play too).

And (sorry Godin - didn't mean to ignore the thread). I agree with (someone) that the media is controlled by people who continue to toe the line that the more tragedy the better - preferably with pictures and sobbing relatives and blood is cool too. Remember how scathing Maynard is towards CNN. I guess the brave story-teller would just tell the story. Without elaboration.

The other thing that this thread reminds me of is that line in Euolgy : he had a lot of nothing to say ... pointing his finger etc. It is a bit like your idea of conveying an important message that kind of gets lost. And I totally agree with the hilarious idea that in our "heightened state of consciousness" we have these BRILLIANT insightful ideas but then the next day - it is like WHAT the FUCK was I thinking? And thank GOD I didn't have a bloody pen - it would be even more embarrassing if I wrote it down!

Last edited by HelenA; 08-12-2006 at 01:53 AM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote