View Single Post
ktdude's Avatar ktdude
08-08-2006, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caduceus11
Yea, I know what you mean. Maybe use this place, and our common interest in the things that TOOL has pointed out to us, or reitterated to us in some cases, as a benchmark to things that we can make a difference in. My generation is now getting to the age where we can make more things happen, but we are all numb and insignificant on the grand scale. I sometimes feel like such a hippocrit having spent so much time thinking and feeling along the same spirals as TOOL, then just go on about my life as a zombie, just like the rest of us. TOOL is an inspiration to me, and I will DO something....
...you know, I could be president of the procrastinators club, if only I'd ever get around to joining.
...and that's one of the things that bothers me about myself...I either do some procrastination or one of the many goals I set for each day, there's just never enough time....I'll figure out more one day....
...hold your light..11 lead me through each gentle step....
I know exactly what you mean. It's shameful really, I feel pretty crap at times knowing that I am part of a generation that could make a difference, and really wanting to, but never really doing anything about it. The council idea sounds good, let's go for it.

Godin, I like your ideas about the connection between the songs by the way. And it connects well with what Maynard said about drugs. I think Tool are crying out for people to listen to them, to take away a warning message from their lyrics, and what better way to do it than wrap it up in a package as brilliant as their music.
Old 08-08-2006, 12:34 AM   #12
Level 9 3/4 - British

Bincount™: 15082
Re: Neither the brave nor bold...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caduceus11
Yea, I know what you mean. Maybe use this place, and our common interest in the things that TOOL has pointed out to us, or reitterated to us in some cases, as a benchmark to things that we can make a difference in. My generation is now getting to the age where we can make more things happen, but we are all numb and insignificant on the grand scale. I sometimes feel like such a hippocrit having spent so much time thinking and feeling along the same spirals as TOOL, then just go on about my life as a zombie, just like the rest of us. TOOL is an inspiration to me, and I will DO something....
...you know, I could be president of the procrastinators club, if only I'd ever get around to joining.
...and that's one of the things that bothers me about myself...I either do some procrastination or one of the many goals I set for each day, there's just never enough time....I'll figure out more one day....
...hold your light..11 lead me through each gentle step....
I know exactly what you mean. It's shameful really, I feel pretty crap at times knowing that I am part of a generation that could make a difference, and really wanting to, but never really doing anything about it. The council idea sounds good, let's go for it.

Godin, I like your ideas about the connection between the songs by the way. And it connects well with what Maynard said about drugs. I think Tool are crying out for people to listen to them, to take away a warning message from their lyrics, and what better way to do it than wrap it up in a package as brilliant as their music.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote