View Single Post
Godin
08-04-2006, 09:11 AM

"Neither the brave nor bold will write us the story, so we won't give pause until the blood is flowing."
-Vicarious

"Overwhelmed, as one would be placed in my position. Such a heavy burden now to be the one born to bear and read you all the details of our ending, TO WRITE THEM DOWN for all of you to see. But I forgot my pen... typical."
-Rosetta Stoned

I'ved considered that some of the songs in this album (if not all of them directly or indirectly) work together in collectively characterizing a certain type of anonymous individual. If nothing else, I'd at least argue that "Vicarious" and "Rosetta Stoned" allude to one another.

Before I elaborate, however, would anybody like to explain the significance of the above "Vicarious" quote I've included in this post? According to my understanding, this quote single-handedly changes "Vicarious" from being a song which merely whines about our imperfect human nature to being a song with a more profound message that accuses some mysterious person of being responsible for the continuance of our imperfect human nature. If he would be bold or brave enough to "write us the story" (as is mentioned also is Rosetta Stoned), we would assumedly somehow cease thriving off of tragedy. The entire song I believe actually hinges off of this one quote, n'est pas?

-Godin
Old 08-04-2006, 09:11 AM   #1
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1
Neither the brave nor bold...

"Neither the brave nor bold will write us the story, so we won't give pause until the blood is flowing."
-Vicarious

"Overwhelmed, as one would be placed in my position. Such a heavy burden now to be the one born to bear and read you all the details of our ending, TO WRITE THEM DOWN for all of you to see. But I forgot my pen... typical."
-Rosetta Stoned

I'ved considered that some of the songs in this album (if not all of them directly or indirectly) work together in collectively characterizing a certain type of anonymous individual. If nothing else, I'd at least argue that "Vicarious" and "Rosetta Stoned" allude to one another.

Before I elaborate, however, would anybody like to explain the significance of the above "Vicarious" quote I've included in this post? According to my understanding, this quote single-handedly changes "Vicarious" from being a song which merely whines about our imperfect human nature to being a song with a more profound message that accuses some mysterious person of being responsible for the continuance of our imperfect human nature. If he would be bold or brave enough to "write us the story" (as is mentioned also is Rosetta Stoned), we would assumedly somehow cease thriving off of tragedy. The entire song I believe actually hinges off of this one quote, n'est pas?

-Godin
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote