View Single Post
Old 11-28-2006, 02:30 AM   #20
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/11/27 - Wembley, UK - Wembley Arena

In from Wembley late, 4 hours sleep, back to work again. >_<

Fuck, it was a great gig though. I say, great, since several factors kinda put a dampner on things to stop it ascending to the awe inspiring level.

- Wembley. Shit venue. Shit sound. Shit location.

- Mastodon. Missed the first song. I was really, really looking forward to seeing the 'Don live and whilst the band were tight as arseholes, the sound was fucking atroicuous. Way, way too bottom heavy, with no mids at all, so it was pretty much less crushing riffage that we'd come to expect, with the the drum and bass completely dominating the sound.

- No Blood & Thunder. No, the band aren't a jukebox, I know, but I really wanted to hear this live and they didn't play it. Boo.

- The people. Far too many wankers there tonight. No consideration for others. I mean, why the fuck do some people go to a gig, only to hold their phone up throughout. Am I missing something here?

- The people. Again. Following on, the pushing past and general rudeness. No apologies, just batter through like your the only that matters. Pricks. My cousin nearly ended up punching the shit out of some bloke, who barged right past his fiancee without so much as an apology, nearly knocking her on her arse.

- This is the fourth time I've seen Tool now and I felt on a couple occassions, they were kinda going through the motions, little bit lax here and there. MJK was singing double-time it seemed during 'Rosetta Stoned'.

Now for the good...

- Wings/10,000 Days. This single-handedly elevated the gig status for me. Absolutely incredible live, coupled with the spectacular laser show that goes with it and you can't go wrong with such a superb piece of music.

- Swamp Song. Haven't heard this one in a while before tonight, but fuck me, it sounded fantastic.

- Lateralus. Still (for me) the best live Tool song I've heard! It works on both levels so well and *that* gong Danny Carey uses, fuck me, it's LOUD!!1!1!

Great gig, not their best though, IMO. I don't think they've quite topped the first time they came over on the 'Lateralus' tour for me.
OFFLINE |