View Single Post
Surrey Tool
08-27-2007, 01:19 PM

7th show on this tour, dead heat with the Mansfield MA show that featured both Flood and Pushit and the Dublin show on Judith Marie's (and mine) birthday that I first saw Wings/10K Days. This show was nearly flawless. Maynard was as animated as I have ever seen him and the video/lasers totally enhanced the show. The Aug 21st show was great but I was down on the floor and too many tools in the crowd made it difficult to focus on the band (or the visuals) and not worry about someone smashing you in the mouth with a stray elbow. A Chris 'Jesus' Ferguson lookalike near me was way past the having a good time stage and into let me f-up the show for those around me mindset. Really no need for that. Thought Russian Circles were a significant improvement over Mastadon (Europe) and Big Business (US) opening acts. Lesson here is if you can't sing dont bother! A nice tight 30 minute instrumental set was a perfect warm up to the real show stoppers. Peace Out!

One last thought....wasn't Herman Lee a wonderful improvement over the dope that tried to play with Danny during Lateralus the night before?

Last edited by Surrey Tool; 08-27-2007 at 01:27 PM..
Old 08-27-2007, 01:19 PM   #29
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/08/22 - London, UK - Brixton Academy

7th show on this tour, dead heat with the Mansfield MA show that featured both Flood and Pushit and the Dublin show on Judith Marie's (and mine) birthday that I first saw Wings/10K Days. This show was nearly flawless. Maynard was as animated as I have ever seen him and the video/lasers totally enhanced the show. The Aug 21st show was great but I was down on the floor and too many tools in the crowd made it difficult to focus on the band (or the visuals) and not worry about someone smashing you in the mouth with a stray elbow. A Chris 'Jesus' Ferguson lookalike near me was way past the having a good time stage and into let me f-up the show for those around me mindset. Really no need for that. Thought Russian Circles were a significant improvement over Mastadon (Europe) and Big Business (US) opening acts. Lesson here is if you can't sing dont bother! A nice tight 30 minute instrumental set was a perfect warm up to the real show stoppers. Peace Out!

One last thought....wasn't Herman Lee a wonderful improvement over the dope that tried to play with Danny during Lateralus the night before?

Last edited by Surrey Tool; 08-27-2007 at 01:27 PM..
OFFLINE |