View Single Post
GoLoBuLouS
07-11-2007, 02:43 PM

They Came, they Saw, they Conquered.

Random Perceptions,

Tight Security, absolutely no flashes, no cameras or even phone cams were tolerated; if security saw you, they stopped you. The effect? No flashes at all.

The Fucking Champs as warm up music before the show.

There was a weird lamp to the right of the stage behind the bassist, a glowy orange/red light was on top of it... was trying hard to see what it was, but the glow was too strong... a magical lamp maybe?

T00L Played for Us, or We Played for T00L,

I was wishing for Jambi to bring me t00l, or for t00l to bring me Jambi... they came out with a song I'd never heard and I was thankfully confused. Maynard had a uber-fluo Puscifer hoody for the first tune. I believe he took a paper setlist, made an airplane and threw it into the crowd. That was a good sign!

When the extended Stinkfist was over The Pot was in full swing people began passing out and being carried over the barrier at the front, I saw a few people go out that way.

Did lose Maynard's voice a few times during the show, completely washed out in all that bass(front-row issue I guess).

Lost the higher half of my voice by the time Schism was playing because we were all signing along.

Flood was great, I had been waiting to hear Right in Two, "repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to raise and eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time heeere..." but was happy with Flood, it definitely took me back to an older t00l.

There was the occasional swell of violence, but that subsided in the second half of the show(again, everyone being so friggin tired).

Wings and 10k were truly amazing to behold, however they loose their edge when the sound quality is questionable and the lyrics become obscured. (maybe a front row issue?)

The Lateralus drum break was amazing to watch, it made wonder what arrangements are made prior to the show to make it happen. During the drum-off the bassist was playing with one hand and drinking beer with the other one... and that was torture because everyone in the front row was so thirsty. I think he downer 3 beers during that solo..what a pro.

Maynard said "see you soon"... I sure hope that he meant it.

The Funniest thing about the show was that all the stage hands wore Lab coats. It gave the feeling that the band were aliens on display. I liked that idea since the set was in that same vein; really damn weird.

The best part of the whole show were the times when everyone around in the crowd was grooving at the same rhythm and singing together without violence. Breathing, Singing and Moving in unison; it happened a few times, one of them was during Schism (cuz everyone was so friggin tired i guess). I suppose this happens at other concerts, but never is it more pertinent as when it's at a t00l concert.

Cool Visuals or Mind Control,

Maynard was often at the helm of a keyboard-like console. I was wondering if he was controlling the background samples in the music or the lighting, or the screen images or something.

There was One large back screen filling the whole backdrop, 3 or 4 screens in front of it. Two on either side of the stage... same weird t00l visuals. Especially liked the stars and nebula clouds, rain clouds and flowing water.

There were circular light fixtures on the roof of the stage, the middle one had a symbol on it with brilliant colors and stick figure type glyphs around it's edge. The other two on either side were dark and simply had (I guess lights) in their centers. I believe it was during Wings that they started moving around.

Sick light show... the lasers were bouncing off of multiple surfaces and flying around the arena... the effect was magical.

"Sometimes I work, Sometimes I... write long-ass posts on the Tool Navy Forum."

=)
Old 07-11-2007, 02:43 PM   #12
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/07/10 - Montreal, QC - Bell Center

They Came, they Saw, they Conquered.

Random Perceptions,

Tight Security, absolutely no flashes, no cameras or even phone cams were tolerated; if security saw you, they stopped you. The effect? No flashes at all.

The Fucking Champs as warm up music before the show.

There was a weird lamp to the right of the stage behind the bassist, a glowy orange/red light was on top of it... was trying hard to see what it was, but the glow was too strong... a magical lamp maybe?

T00L Played for Us, or We Played for T00L,

I was wishing for Jambi to bring me t00l, or for t00l to bring me Jambi... they came out with a song I'd never heard and I was thankfully confused. Maynard had a uber-fluo Puscifer hoody for the first tune. I believe he took a paper setlist, made an airplane and threw it into the crowd. That was a good sign!

When the extended Stinkfist was over The Pot was in full swing people began passing out and being carried over the barrier at the front, I saw a few people go out that way.

Did lose Maynard's voice a few times during the show, completely washed out in all that bass(front-row issue I guess).

Lost the higher half of my voice by the time Schism was playing because we were all signing along.

Flood was great, I had been waiting to hear Right in Two, "repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to raise and eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time heeere..." but was happy with Flood, it definitely took me back to an older t00l.

There was the occasional swell of violence, but that subsided in the second half of the show(again, everyone being so friggin tired).

Wings and 10k were truly amazing to behold, however they loose their edge when the sound quality is questionable and the lyrics become obscured. (maybe a front row issue?)

The Lateralus drum break was amazing to watch, it made wonder what arrangements are made prior to the show to make it happen. During the drum-off the bassist was playing with one hand and drinking beer with the other one... and that was torture because everyone in the front row was so thirsty. I think he downer 3 beers during that solo..what a pro.

Maynard said "see you soon"... I sure hope that he meant it.

The Funniest thing about the show was that all the stage hands wore Lab coats. It gave the feeling that the band were aliens on display. I liked that idea since the set was in that same vein; really damn weird.

The best part of the whole show were the times when everyone around in the crowd was grooving at the same rhythm and singing together without violence. Breathing, Singing and Moving in unison; it happened a few times, one of them was during Schism (cuz everyone was so friggin tired i guess). I suppose this happens at other concerts, but never is it more pertinent as when it's at a t00l concert.

Cool Visuals or Mind Control,

Maynard was often at the helm of a keyboard-like console. I was wondering if he was controlling the background samples in the music or the lighting, or the screen images or something.

There was One large back screen filling the whole backdrop, 3 or 4 screens in front of it. Two on either side of the stage... same weird t00l visuals. Especially liked the stars and nebula clouds, rain clouds and flowing water.

There were circular light fixtures on the roof of the stage, the middle one had a symbol on it with brilliant colors and stick figure type glyphs around it's edge. The other two on either side were dark and simply had (I guess lights) in their centers. I believe it was during Wings that they started moving around.

Sick light show... the lasers were bouncing off of multiple surfaces and flying around the arena... the effect was magical.

"Sometimes I work, Sometimes I... write long-ass posts on the Tool Navy Forum."

=)
OFFLINE |