View Single Post
sianspheric's Avatar sianspheric
07-10-2007, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shab View Post
I see that the very attached fans have had similar experiences, and mine was no different. Enlightening. I had floors for the 24th and sect.122 row 18 for this one. Again, the clear view, good sound, yes that was all there, but more importantly, I saw a connection that I had not seen in the 5 times I've seen them. Adam stood on stage for an extended amount of time at the end, just staring at and admiring the fans that were going nuts. So intimate and honest in my opinion (as they always are).
People that are used to ''buying'' music and listening to it because it's something they purchased, want to see everything in constant order. Disorder becomes an insult to their purchase, and that's what I feel like they're defending. Well, when I read comments like ''hey maynard face the crowd and give me my dollars worth'', I know for sure that their defence is associated with the proportional effect of this concert on their wallets. Notice that these people were probably also taking flash photos and saying ''pffff who cares, it's a slow song anyways, play some toool'' This was one thing I heard there, and it instantly threw me off. I seriously hope no one associated with the band mentions these to the band and they don't notice, or just overlook the fact that a few assholes cannot ruin the show for a very tight fan-base. But honestly, if you are coming to see 'art' being performed, be a little respectful to the artist who puts everything they have into those creations. The fact that they go on a stage, and perform in front of people, is an indication of their honesty and will. So they have the right to suggest a couple of things and ask for some favours, and I will gladly give it to them, no questions asked. Because I appreciate art, and if a Seurat painting is meant to be looked at from a certain distance, I will look at it from that distance and respect it's creation in that certain direction. What I will not do is keep asking why he paints in dots and why he doesn't just paint in lines like normal painters. I might change my perspective and view it from different distances, go up to it, see the missing connections and enchanting details. That will only give me a wider vision and a stronger analysis of what that art represents.
Anyways, these are side-notes to the obvious points from the concert.

For the record;
Flood belonged to the die-hard fans. We sang till our throats exploded while all the posers thought they were hearing a new song.

Amazing show people.
good post Shab. completely agree.

I've never seen Adam look out into the crowd that much. I got this kind of sad sense that as much as we might never want to believe it, those kind of long gazes might be the moment of this man looking out at us for the last time. Who knows, we hope not, only time will tell.

and Flood was for the die-hard fans. When the song started kicking I just took myself back to the place I've been for the last few months listening to Tool bootlegs, a bunch of them with that song, started getting into the song and dancing up a storm, looked around and the crowd was just still. Stoned and appreciative, I'm sure, but it was clear that most the people dying for that song were maybe the ones like us, who read the sets, and had some time to look forward to it.
Old 07-10-2007, 07:20 PM   #37
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 174
Re: 2007/07/09 - Hamilton, ON - Copps Coliseum

Quote:
Originally Posted by shab View Post
I see that the very attached fans have had similar experiences, and mine was no different. Enlightening. I had floors for the 24th and sect.122 row 18 for this one. Again, the clear view, good sound, yes that was all there, but more importantly, I saw a connection that I had not seen in the 5 times I've seen them. Adam stood on stage for an extended amount of time at the end, just staring at and admiring the fans that were going nuts. So intimate and honest in my opinion (as they always are).
People that are used to ''buying'' music and listening to it because it's something they purchased, want to see everything in constant order. Disorder becomes an insult to their purchase, and that's what I feel like they're defending. Well, when I read comments like ''hey maynard face the crowd and give me my dollars worth'', I know for sure that their defence is associated with the proportional effect of this concert on their wallets. Notice that these people were probably also taking flash photos and saying ''pffff who cares, it's a slow song anyways, play some toool'' This was one thing I heard there, and it instantly threw me off. I seriously hope no one associated with the band mentions these to the band and they don't notice, or just overlook the fact that a few assholes cannot ruin the show for a very tight fan-base. But honestly, if you are coming to see 'art' being performed, be a little respectful to the artist who puts everything they have into those creations. The fact that they go on a stage, and perform in front of people, is an indication of their honesty and will. So they have the right to suggest a couple of things and ask for some favours, and I will gladly give it to them, no questions asked. Because I appreciate art, and if a Seurat painting is meant to be looked at from a certain distance, I will look at it from that distance and respect it's creation in that certain direction. What I will not do is keep asking why he paints in dots and why he doesn't just paint in lines like normal painters. I might change my perspective and view it from different distances, go up to it, see the missing connections and enchanting details. That will only give me a wider vision and a stronger analysis of what that art represents.
Anyways, these are side-notes to the obvious points from the concert.

For the record;
Flood belonged to the die-hard fans. We sang till our throats exploded while all the posers thought they were hearing a new song.

Amazing show people.
good post Shab. completely agree.

I've never seen Adam look out into the crowd that much. I got this kind of sad sense that as much as we might never want to believe it, those kind of long gazes might be the moment of this man looking out at us for the last time. Who knows, we hope not, only time will tell.

and Flood was for the die-hard fans. When the song started kicking I just took myself back to the place I've been for the last few months listening to Tool bootlegs, a bunch of them with that song, started getting into the song and dancing up a storm, looked around and the crowd was just still. Stoned and appreciative, I'm sure, but it was clear that most the people dying for that song were maybe the ones like us, who read the sets, and had some time to look forward to it.
OFFLINE |