View Single Post
g0)z111a's Avatar g0)z111a
06-18-2007, 01:05 PM

I just got back home after the festival. Prior to the Bonnaroo date, I'd seen the Birmingham and Duluth shows on this tour. Those were both great (especially Duluth) but this made them both seem like dress rehearsals. I have not seen Tool play with as much intensity and energy since probably their initial tour for Aenima. I just got the sense that they had something to prove and were not going to compromise themselves at all for a crowd that was totally not their core audience. Sure they stuck out like a sore thumb compared to the rest of the bands, but thank God for that!!! The set list was excellent (Flood -- that's all I have to say) and they must have rented some extra laser rigs because there was light going all over the damn place.

I am so thankful I ponied up the cash to go to this festival because of this one set. If for some reason this is to be the last time I see TOOL live, it'll be one hell of a high note.
Old 06-18-2007, 01:05 PM   #11
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1
Re: 2007/06/15 - Manchester, TN - Bonnaroo Festival

I just got back home after the festival. Prior to the Bonnaroo date, I'd seen the Birmingham and Duluth shows on this tour. Those were both great (especially Duluth) but this made them both seem like dress rehearsals. I have not seen Tool play with as much intensity and energy since probably their initial tour for Aenima. I just got the sense that they had something to prove and were not going to compromise themselves at all for a crowd that was totally not their core audience. Sure they stuck out like a sore thumb compared to the rest of the bands, but thank God for that!!! The set list was excellent (Flood -- that's all I have to say) and they must have rented some extra laser rigs because there was light going all over the damn place.

I am so thankful I ponied up the cash to go to this festival because of this one set. If for some reason this is to be the last time I see TOOL live, it'll be one hell of a high note.
OFFLINE |