View Single Post
bennytude
06-17-2007, 01:09 PM

Soul-igniting show. 8th occasion of experiencing tool's grandeur since 1998. Every time I see the band, it's a huge occasion for me, but it's amazing to witness an occasion that is obviously big for the boys in the band. They poured it out of their hearts into the air/aire like a great portal in the sky had opened and rained down ass-kicking psychedelic love on the thoroughly assorted crowd of people who all seemed to share an intense appreciation and high level of intoxication.

Amazing to witness Tom Morello on stage with tool. Music history has been made. He even played one of Adam's Silverburst Les Pauls! Tom returned for hugs with the band after the amazing version of Aenema. Maynard altered the lyrics to, "Don't just call me pessimist, try..." He thanked the crowd for enduring their "cynical attitudes." MJK also taunted the parched masses with tales of his shower earlier in the day inside his air-conditioned trailer which featured soap. Later in the set, he inquired how many of us were "high on the marijuana? and high on the LSD?" "The next song is about you," he said to those who responded, and then they launched into Rosetta Stoned.

Most amazing version of Flood ever witnessed. Most amazing version of every song for that matter. Danny was especially ferocious and rewired many of his thunderous incantations on the fly.

The crowd was thanked profusely at the end, and told to look forward to "the Police on Saturday"(who rocked very much).

Several of previous reviews are entirely inane, by the way. Hear the force of my words and ignore detractors.

Praise life and tool, and thanks boys.
Benny
Old 06-17-2007, 01:09 PM   #5
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/06/15 - Manchester, TN - Bonnaroo Festival

Soul-igniting show. 8th occasion of experiencing tool's grandeur since 1998. Every time I see the band, it's a huge occasion for me, but it's amazing to witness an occasion that is obviously big for the boys in the band. They poured it out of their hearts into the air/aire like a great portal in the sky had opened and rained down ass-kicking psychedelic love on the thoroughly assorted crowd of people who all seemed to share an intense appreciation and high level of intoxication.

Amazing to witness Tom Morello on stage with tool. Music history has been made. He even played one of Adam's Silverburst Les Pauls! Tom returned for hugs with the band after the amazing version of Aenema. Maynard altered the lyrics to, "Don't just call me pessimist, try..." He thanked the crowd for enduring their "cynical attitudes." MJK also taunted the parched masses with tales of his shower earlier in the day inside his air-conditioned trailer which featured soap. Later in the set, he inquired how many of us were "high on the marijuana? and high on the LSD?" "The next song is about you," he said to those who responded, and then they launched into Rosetta Stoned.

Most amazing version of Flood ever witnessed. Most amazing version of every song for that matter. Danny was especially ferocious and rewired many of his thunderous incantations on the fly.

The crowd was thanked profusely at the end, and told to look forward to "the Police on Saturday"(who rocked very much).

Several of previous reviews are entirely inane, by the way. Hear the force of my words and ignore detractors.

Praise life and tool, and thanks boys.
Benny
OFFLINE |