View Single Post
Chronicle0's Avatar Chronicle0
06-10-2007, 12:09 AM

This is my second Tool concert, one being last year in Uniondale, of the 10kD tour.

So i'm coming from all the way in Suffolk Long Island-- good thing i knew how to get there! Nice 4 hour drive with traffic on the way, and my master brake cyclinder was going bad, so i had to pump my brake paddle to actually stop... So me and my friend finally get there and see Tool shirts everywhere. Glad i was the only one with a Parabola shirt on! If anyone saw me-- i was the guy with the white-guy afro with the only parabola shirt. ;P

So anyways we get our Pre-sale tickets(TOOLARMY FTW!) And are amazed at the seats! I was in Section 103 and had a great view.

So then a coupel of asians and a cute looking bassist chick steps onto the stage who went by the name Melt Banana.... oK... they were different. The guitar effects reall hurt my ears lol.. But i was kind of amazed at them at the same time. Anyways-after that people cheer as the happy-go-lucky announcer tells everyone to find a place to hide when Justin puts the venue on fire with the lighter intermission.

So the lights dim and Justin comes flying off the stage, whata showboater... Everyone comes out of hiding and jams to Jambi. Whata opener... I believe they opened Uniondale with this too..

Stinkfist was awesome as always, everyone singing along really makes that song complete.

The Pot was great- Love hearing Justin play that opening riff. And i like when maynard lets the crowd sing lol..

Schism was cool, I'm not big on it being a live song, but the breakdown before the bass solo was fucking INTENSE! that really made me get into the song!

LK/Rosetta stoned same as always, never liked it live because you can never hear wtf maynard is singing in the beginning.

At first i really thought they were gonna do Intension lol, i was like "How is maynard going to talk backwards?" But it turned out to be Right in Two. A cool song, love the ending like everyone. I think i wouldve liked Pushit more though.

And a familiar scene, Tool just chilling out and Justin brings out the ol' lighter. Well- the best part of the shows is the togetherness right? ;)

So i knew Wings for Marie pt1/2 would come on, it was probably better than last years performance! This song is nothign without the laser show as well! Those laser beams were superb. omglaserspewpew

Lateralus! My favorite song and it had a extended part with asians drumming on some spare drums and some of those wacky guitar effects i was talking about before! My god this song rox. But to none of our knowledge, Maynard was eating pasta behind stage! (He did say he was just eating it right? :P)

And i thought Viciarious was going to come, good performance but i was expecting Aenima as well! But alast, they took off their guitars and threw drum sticks, water bottles, and frisbees into the poor souls on the floor.

Awesome night and i wish Jeresy would hide their hookers! I almost had to take one! ;x

Last edited by Chronicle0; 06-10-2007 at 12:18 AM..
Old 06-10-2007, 12:09 AM   #10
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 8
Re: 2007/06/09 - Atlantic City, NJ - Boardwalk Hotel

This is my second Tool concert, one being last year in Uniondale, of the 10kD tour.

So i'm coming from all the way in Suffolk Long Island-- good thing i knew how to get there! Nice 4 hour drive with traffic on the way, and my master brake cyclinder was going bad, so i had to pump my brake paddle to actually stop... So me and my friend finally get there and see Tool shirts everywhere. Glad i was the only one with a Parabola shirt on! If anyone saw me-- i was the guy with the white-guy afro with the only parabola shirt. ;P

So anyways we get our Pre-sale tickets(TOOLARMY FTW!) And are amazed at the seats! I was in Section 103 and had a great view.

So then a coupel of asians and a cute looking bassist chick steps onto the stage who went by the name Melt Banana.... oK... they were different. The guitar effects reall hurt my ears lol.. But i was kind of amazed at them at the same time. Anyways-after that people cheer as the happy-go-lucky announcer tells everyone to find a place to hide when Justin puts the venue on fire with the lighter intermission.

So the lights dim and Justin comes flying off the stage, whata showboater... Everyone comes out of hiding and jams to Jambi. Whata opener... I believe they opened Uniondale with this too..

Stinkfist was awesome as always, everyone singing along really makes that song complete.

The Pot was great- Love hearing Justin play that opening riff. And i like when maynard lets the crowd sing lol..

Schism was cool, I'm not big on it being a live song, but the breakdown before the bass solo was fucking INTENSE! that really made me get into the song!

LK/Rosetta stoned same as always, never liked it live because you can never hear wtf maynard is singing in the beginning.

At first i really thought they were gonna do Intension lol, i was like "How is maynard going to talk backwards?" But it turned out to be Right in Two. A cool song, love the ending like everyone. I think i wouldve liked Pushit more though.

And a familiar scene, Tool just chilling out and Justin brings out the ol' lighter. Well- the best part of the shows is the togetherness right? ;)

So i knew Wings for Marie pt1/2 would come on, it was probably better than last years performance! This song is nothign without the laser show as well! Those laser beams were superb. omglaserspewpew

Lateralus! My favorite song and it had a extended part with asians drumming on some spare drums and some of those wacky guitar effects i was talking about before! My god this song rox. But to none of our knowledge, Maynard was eating pasta behind stage! (He did say he was just eating it right? :P)

And i thought Viciarious was going to come, good performance but i was expecting Aenima as well! But alast, they took off their guitars and threw drum sticks, water bottles, and frisbees into the poor souls on the floor.

Awesome night and i wish Jeresy would hide their hookers! I almost had to take one! ;x

Last edited by Chronicle0; 06-10-2007 at 12:18 AM..
OFFLINE |