View Single Post
Olee523's Avatar Olee523
06-04-2007, 09:21 PM

I am still in awe. I am fortunate enough to have two teenage sons who have come to love Tool over the years and tonight I was able to share the live experience with them. They talked about it all the way home and have thanked me repeatedly. Thier words, "It was awesome Dad!" I haven't seen the band in 5 years and it brought back all of the emotions that the past shows instilled. What can I say, the show was incredible. The opening Jambi was exciting in itself just due to the anticipation alone. The drum solo during Lateralus with Danny and Brann Dailor of Mastodon was very cool. The crowd was very pleased to hear Push-it. Hearing Wings for Marie prts 1 and 2 was very emotional, I think the fans felt it as well. Closing with Vicarious was unexpected but they can make any of thier songs a closer and Vicarious fit well. Justin, those base lines are awesome. Adam, you make it look so damn easy and sound so good all the while showing no expression. Danny, you are the percussion God! Felt so good to feel the kicks penetrating my chest. Maynard, you seem to have so many things to say and create, we are all so fortunate in the medium that you have chosen to do so. Thank you guys for giving us something to remember and inspire us.

Last edited by Olee523; 06-04-2007 at 09:27 PM..
Old 06-04-2007, 09:21 PM   #6
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/06/04 - Duluth, GA - Gwinnette Center

I am still in awe. I am fortunate enough to have two teenage sons who have come to love Tool over the years and tonight I was able to share the live experience with them. They talked about it all the way home and have thanked me repeatedly. Thier words, "It was awesome Dad!" I haven't seen the band in 5 years and it brought back all of the emotions that the past shows instilled. What can I say, the show was incredible. The opening Jambi was exciting in itself just due to the anticipation alone. The drum solo during Lateralus with Danny and Brann Dailor of Mastodon was very cool. The crowd was very pleased to hear Push-it. Hearing Wings for Marie prts 1 and 2 was very emotional, I think the fans felt it as well. Closing with Vicarious was unexpected but they can make any of thier songs a closer and Vicarious fit well. Justin, those base lines are awesome. Adam, you make it look so damn easy and sound so good all the while showing no expression. Danny, you are the percussion God! Felt so good to feel the kicks penetrating my chest. Maynard, you seem to have so many things to say and create, we are all so fortunate in the medium that you have chosen to do so. Thank you guys for giving us something to remember and inspire us.

Last edited by Olee523; 06-04-2007 at 09:27 PM..
OFFLINE |