View Single Post
rachelrabbit23's Avatar rachelrabbit23
05-17-2007, 12:00 PM

This was my 14th show and it was easily in the top 5. We were in section 106, row T (20th row). It sounds far back, but it was a great view and felt really close. My friend went to get beer 10 minutes to 9:00 and ended up missing 2 1/2 songs, so I started the show alone. :( But it's ok, because Jambi was fucking fantastic. It WAS loud and I forgot my earplugs I was so excited. The sound was wonderful. I guess the show varied for folks in the upper sections since my friend and I thought it was one of the best shows we've ever seen and by far the best show of the 10,000 Days Tour. The crowd was great, everyone was happy and there was a great vibe.

My only complaints: Memford is sooooo over it and makes no effort to conceal it. His behavior is tacky as is his insistence to promote his little side project "Pussyfart" while on stage with TOOL. I fear this might be the last album and tour with Memford part of the band. Also, his vocals for the R.S. intro was way too fast and it seemed awkward that he was finished and waiting for the music to catch up.

All I have to say is that the poor San Antonio crowd better get the performance of a life time since our show was postponed twice. Our seats are terrible, not the worst, but close.

I'll also be in Corpus. If facing the stage, I'm in the left floor section, row 7. Woo-hoo! See you there. :)

edit to add: I did think that Wings and 10,000 fell a little flat. I think they need more practice to bring it up to speed.

Last edited by rachelrabbit23; 05-17-2007 at 12:04 PM..
Old 05-17-2007, 12:00 PM   #26
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/05/16 - Fort Worth, TX - Ft. Worth Convention Center

This was my 14th show and it was easily in the top 5. We were in section 106, row T (20th row). It sounds far back, but it was a great view and felt really close. My friend went to get beer 10 minutes to 9:00 and ended up missing 2 1/2 songs, so I started the show alone. :( But it's ok, because Jambi was fucking fantastic. It WAS loud and I forgot my earplugs I was so excited. The sound was wonderful. I guess the show varied for folks in the upper sections since my friend and I thought it was one of the best shows we've ever seen and by far the best show of the 10,000 Days Tour. The crowd was great, everyone was happy and there was a great vibe.

My only complaints: Memford is sooooo over it and makes no effort to conceal it. His behavior is tacky as is his insistence to promote his little side project "Pussyfart" while on stage with TOOL. I fear this might be the last album and tour with Memford part of the band. Also, his vocals for the R.S. intro was way too fast and it seemed awkward that he was finished and waiting for the music to catch up.

All I have to say is that the poor San Antonio crowd better get the performance of a life time since our show was postponed twice. Our seats are terrible, not the worst, but close.

I'll also be in Corpus. If facing the stage, I'm in the left floor section, row 7. Woo-hoo! See you there. :)

edit to add: I did think that Wings and 10,000 fell a little flat. I think they need more practice to bring it up to speed.

Last edited by rachelrabbit23; 05-17-2007 at 12:04 PM..
OFFLINE |