View Single Post
teknofear's Avatar teknofear
05-17-2007, 05:05 AM

Sec 212 (9 o'clock of the stage, on the bottom rail, am the dude playing air drums).

I'm speechless. Production wise, this show was the best that I've ever seen them play. The visuals were better here at FTW, than at the AAC, the sound quality of this show blew the AAC show out of the water. The sound actually came thru properly, a really superb mix.

Right In Two was probably the highlight of the show, Danny's playing really came thru in that one. Wings/10K Days was truly amazing, Lateralus was good as well. Danny never ceases to amaze me, I love how he tricks up the interlude in 46&2, the gong in Lateralus is cool, really shows his versatility (literally). Justin sounded really good, the bass sounded rich and full-bodied, Adam seemed a little subdued for whatever reason, but sounded great none-the-less. MJK sounded good, the vocal volume was a little low in the mix at times, but he did sound really good otherwise.

Before heading to the show, I looked at several of the previous shows' setlists - not much of a difference between shows?!?!?!?

Not complaining, but why do they not go to the catalogue once in a while? Trick it up, do something different some time. I understand the programmed lights and sequencing, and all that, but I would imagine playing the same songs in the same sequence night after night after night would get old. I think I can speak for many when I say I wanna see them do Push It, Third Eye, Flood, Hush, etc, as well as some of the more recent ones.

Overall, this show was amazing, it held it's own, the crowd was flat at times, but who gives a fuck? This was only my 3d time to see them, probably the best I've ever heard them sound. I've always thought FTW Convention Center had good acoustics, sound travels well in that room, and really not a bad seat in the house.

Hopefully you folks in San Antonio get a make-good, and get a little treat of an oldie...
Old 05-17-2007, 05:05 AM   #14
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 1
Re: 2007/05/16 - Fort Worth, TX - Ft. Worth Convention Center

Sec 212 (9 o'clock of the stage, on the bottom rail, am the dude playing air drums).

I'm speechless. Production wise, this show was the best that I've ever seen them play. The visuals were better here at FTW, than at the AAC, the sound quality of this show blew the AAC show out of the water. The sound actually came thru properly, a really superb mix.

Right In Two was probably the highlight of the show, Danny's playing really came thru in that one. Wings/10K Days was truly amazing, Lateralus was good as well. Danny never ceases to amaze me, I love how he tricks up the interlude in 46&2, the gong in Lateralus is cool, really shows his versatility (literally). Justin sounded really good, the bass sounded rich and full-bodied, Adam seemed a little subdued for whatever reason, but sounded great none-the-less. MJK sounded good, the vocal volume was a little low in the mix at times, but he did sound really good otherwise.

Before heading to the show, I looked at several of the previous shows' setlists - not much of a difference between shows?!?!?!?

Not complaining, but why do they not go to the catalogue once in a while? Trick it up, do something different some time. I understand the programmed lights and sequencing, and all that, but I would imagine playing the same songs in the same sequence night after night after night would get old. I think I can speak for many when I say I wanna see them do Push It, Third Eye, Flood, Hush, etc, as well as some of the more recent ones.

Overall, this show was amazing, it held it's own, the crowd was flat at times, but who gives a fuck? This was only my 3d time to see them, probably the best I've ever heard them sound. I've always thought FTW Convention Center had good acoustics, sound travels well in that room, and really not a bad seat in the house.

Hopefully you folks in San Antonio get a make-good, and get a little treat of an oldie...