View Single Post
rand()%0
05-14-2007, 09:01 AM

first tool show ever :) kicked ass, most epic thing I've ever seen...
I was the dude with the afro and the Diamond Being alex grey shirt, sitting against the back wall on the floor most the time... some guy came sat down next to me for a bit and then was like "you ever drop acid and then like 20 minutes later you're at a tool show?" which was exactly what I was thinking.

setlist left out Intension teaser inbetween stinkfist and 46&2, I think, and the whole eyeball/spaceship sequence inbetween right in two and wings, and I heard the viginiti tres breathing in between 10k days and lateralus

sound quality was a little weak, it was loud as fuck, but hard to differentiate from the back, maynard's mike was too low, but he didn't seem very on, musically...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
I must say though, Roseta Stoned has got to go. I could barely hear half the vocals for it, and it just doesn't come out right live.
eh, if you've trained yourself to hear the lyrics on the CD, it wasn't too hard to pick them out

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOOLwrench View Post
There were a couple hot ass honeys there tonight too ooooooooweeeee!
yeah one of them was hitting on me right in front of her boyfriend :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by harbong View Post
did anyone notice during wings they kind of fell apart, rhythmically they were on but justin and maynard kept coming in at awkward moments, like they were two beats off...
yeah they had a little trouble, and the laser show was off during vicarious, when it was trying to sync up with "why can't we just admit it"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony4007 View Post
oh yeah fuck you to the kiddies sitting below me with their fucking cellphones messaging the WHOLE concert
um, I had a cell phone out like at the beginning of every other song, typing in the setlist...

The laser show was fucking awesome, just beautiful during wings, and I forget when it was that they upped the flicker speed to create a solid plane of light and then did the cloud cover with the smoke machines, I mean they could just make a holographic video screen above the crowd if they worked out the logistics

The videos explained all kinds of shit that never really clicked before.. schism's obviously about the mind-body split, I always thought it was from like a global perspective, which it may still be, anyway... the quick image clicking on rosetta stoned was awesome, the pyramid and the nine-planet screen straight out of circuit 8, and then saturn during the 12 against 5 section... lateralus was amazing, the extended drum solo, and the eyeball/double-helix visual

meh, until bonnaroo --
--Deej
Old 05-14-2007, 09:01 AM   #26
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 2
Re: 2007/05/11 - Wichita, KS - Kansas Coliseum

first tool show ever :) kicked ass, most epic thing I've ever seen...
I was the dude with the afro and the Diamond Being alex grey shirt, sitting against the back wall on the floor most the time... some guy came sat down next to me for a bit and then was like "you ever drop acid and then like 20 minutes later you're at a tool show?" which was exactly what I was thinking.

setlist left out Intension teaser inbetween stinkfist and 46&2, I think, and the whole eyeball/spaceship sequence inbetween right in two and wings, and I heard the viginiti tres breathing in between 10k days and lateralus

sound quality was a little weak, it was loud as fuck, but hard to differentiate from the back, maynard's mike was too low, but he didn't seem very on, musically...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
I must say though, Roseta Stoned has got to go. I could barely hear half the vocals for it, and it just doesn't come out right live.
eh, if you've trained yourself to hear the lyrics on the CD, it wasn't too hard to pick them out

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOOLwrench View Post
There were a couple hot ass honeys there tonight too ooooooooweeeee!
yeah one of them was hitting on me right in front of her boyfriend :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by harbong View Post
did anyone notice during wings they kind of fell apart, rhythmically they were on but justin and maynard kept coming in at awkward moments, like they were two beats off...
yeah they had a little trouble, and the laser show was off during vicarious, when it was trying to sync up with "why can't we just admit it"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony4007 View Post
oh yeah fuck you to the kiddies sitting below me with their fucking cellphones messaging the WHOLE concert
um, I had a cell phone out like at the beginning of every other song, typing in the setlist...

The laser show was fucking awesome, just beautiful during wings, and I forget when it was that they upped the flicker speed to create a solid plane of light and then did the cloud cover with the smoke machines, I mean they could just make a holographic video screen above the crowd if they worked out the logistics

The videos explained all kinds of shit that never really clicked before.. schism's obviously about the mind-body split, I always thought it was from like a global perspective, which it may still be, anyway... the quick image clicking on rosetta stoned was awesome, the pyramid and the nine-planet screen straight out of circuit 8, and then saturn during the 12 against 5 section... lateralus was amazing, the extended drum solo, and the eyeball/double-helix visual

meh, until bonnaroo --
--Deej
OFFLINE |