View Single Post
kineticat's Avatar kineticat
05-12-2007, 10:34 AM

Man... so many impressions for my first show...

the lasers killed. when I first saw them come on they were the lasers set around a circle, and I was like, yeah, that is so 80's, everyone does that... then later on WHOA. Seriously, best use of lasers I've EVER seen, do it some more! My favorite part was during 10,000 days when they had the flat lasers behind the stage turning in synch, and the clouds were projected on the laser light -- fucking awesome, very creative. Then like this guy above said, the laser climax was during vicarious, right at the end when they turned on all the lasers from the stage and the sound booth and basically made a "tent" over the front part of the floor. I was standing in the back most of the time so that I had room to dance. In the middle of the sound booth you could see a tall rack which was shooting out the lasers, very cool.

Oh that's another thing. No matter where I stood the view was great. I really applaud tool for this because it lets me know they are thinking about their fans. The screens behind the band are great, they silhouette the band so you can see them most of the time. Right, there are only so many people who can get up against the rail, so make sure the show is entertaining for even the short people in the back. Speaking of which, MANY MANY THANKS to the two wonderful women who let me stand on their bench with them during wings/days. I only had to leave because I absolutely had to go dance to Lateralus. W00T!!!!! FUCKIN A! It fuckin kicked! unfortunately it seemed that a lot of people around me weren't appreciating the song, fucking talkin to your buddies, cutting in front of me, go looking for your fucking friend, okay get the fuck out.

I wasn't too impressed with the sound but in that "tin can" I wasn't expecting much. It seemed like the sound was better on the left side of the floor, but there were more people over there, maybe because it sounded better?

It was also awesome to see the guys hugging on stage after the show... I couldn't tell if Maynard was still up there, but I could see Danny real clearly the whole time... he seemed very happy and hell we were all happy too. Happy birthday Danny! Great show, great people, security wasn't a bitch, THANK YOU TOOL.
Old 05-12-2007, 10:34 AM   #12
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 82
Re: 2007/05/11 - Wichita, KS - Kansas Coliseum

Man... so many impressions for my first show...

the lasers killed. when I first saw them come on they were the lasers set around a circle, and I was like, yeah, that is so 80's, everyone does that... then later on WHOA. Seriously, best use of lasers I've EVER seen, do it some more! My favorite part was during 10,000 days when they had the flat lasers behind the stage turning in synch, and the clouds were projected on the laser light -- fucking awesome, very creative. Then like this guy above said, the laser climax was during vicarious, right at the end when they turned on all the lasers from the stage and the sound booth and basically made a "tent" over the front part of the floor. I was standing in the back most of the time so that I had room to dance. In the middle of the sound booth you could see a tall rack which was shooting out the lasers, very cool.

Oh that's another thing. No matter where I stood the view was great. I really applaud tool for this because it lets me know they are thinking about their fans. The screens behind the band are great, they silhouette the band so you can see them most of the time. Right, there are only so many people who can get up against the rail, so make sure the show is entertaining for even the short people in the back. Speaking of which, MANY MANY THANKS to the two wonderful women who let me stand on their bench with them during wings/days. I only had to leave because I absolutely had to go dance to Lateralus. W00T!!!!! FUCKIN A! It fuckin kicked! unfortunately it seemed that a lot of people around me weren't appreciating the song, fucking talkin to your buddies, cutting in front of me, go looking for your fucking friend, okay get the fuck out.

I wasn't too impressed with the sound but in that "tin can" I wasn't expecting much. It seemed like the sound was better on the left side of the floor, but there were more people over there, maybe because it sounded better?

It was also awesome to see the guys hugging on stage after the show... I couldn't tell if Maynard was still up there, but I could see Danny real clearly the whole time... he seemed very happy and hell we were all happy too. Happy birthday Danny! Great show, great people, security wasn't a bitch, THANK YOU TOOL.