View Single Post
TOOLwrench's Avatar TOOLwrench
05-12-2007, 12:24 AM

who ever posted the setlist left out lost keys and the whole intermission mixer type thing,anyhow my experience is as follows. This was my 4th TOOL show 5th next weekend,Got to the coliseum 6-ish and didnt have to wait just walked right in,checked out merch which is an arm and a leg,yeah im guilty for dishing out the 38 dollars for a shirt. I had floor with my girl...Kinski came on at 8 and i knew they would blow due to the fact ive heard samples before,after the first song in which they chose to play the same chord over and over and over again i bailed to the pisser and to get a drink........walked around hung out a bit. Advice to Kinski, turn down the sythn crap and get a singer! TOOL comes on at 9 and played til 11. Jambi is kinda odd as an opener but im not gonna bitch about the setlist as many have,it was cool,some undertow would be nice but its cool,atleast we got right in 2,wings,10k days. The crowd was good,an idiot here and there but not many,some guy had his girl on his shoulders blocking my view of adam til security flashlit her ass down that was nice,only real pit was the center,which is gay at a TOOL show. Only certain songs warrant moshing,like faster shit. I can kinda understand moshing Cause its hard to hold still at a TOOL show all that energy builds up and some people cant control it. The lasers and screens were amazing. Would have been nice to see the contortionists again like on the lateralus tour. Wings,10k days was moving,ill admit i felt emotion and alot of energy,closed my eyes and kinda meditated a couple times............overall great,ready for OKC now. Closer to home for me, i got close floor seats too.........Nice! If you get the chance to go take it,its worth it.You never know if we'll see TOOL again!

oh yeah,did anyone else notice adam playing the staring game,he looks at someone and stares and stands there and jams,looks kinda pissed off,he stared at me a couple times. Im surprised we only got one word"Fantastic" out of Maynard. I thought it would be something along the lines of "Take these feelings your having right now and go out into the world and use them to create something.....Positive" Kinda odd he pointed the mic at the crowd during the end of vicarious which is when its at its vocal climax....bummer..............still great show,Glad im going to OKC too. There were a couple hot ass honeys there tonight too ooooooooweeeee!

Last edited by paraflux; 05-12-2007 at 08:58 AM..
Old 05-12-2007, 12:24 AM   #8
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/05/11 - Wichita, KS - Kansas Coliseum

who ever posted the setlist left out lost keys and the whole intermission mixer type thing,anyhow my experience is as follows. This was my 4th TOOL show 5th next weekend,Got to the coliseum 6-ish and didnt have to wait just walked right in,checked out merch which is an arm and a leg,yeah im guilty for dishing out the 38 dollars for a shirt. I had floor with my girl...Kinski came on at 8 and i knew they would blow due to the fact ive heard samples before,after the first song in which they chose to play the same chord over and over and over again i bailed to the pisser and to get a drink........walked around hung out a bit. Advice to Kinski, turn down the sythn crap and get a singer! TOOL comes on at 9 and played til 11. Jambi is kinda odd as an opener but im not gonna bitch about the setlist as many have,it was cool,some undertow would be nice but its cool,atleast we got right in 2,wings,10k days. The crowd was good,an idiot here and there but not many,some guy had his girl on his shoulders blocking my view of adam til security flashlit her ass down that was nice,only real pit was the center,which is gay at a TOOL show. Only certain songs warrant moshing,like faster shit. I can kinda understand moshing Cause its hard to hold still at a TOOL show all that energy builds up and some people cant control it. The lasers and screens were amazing. Would have been nice to see the contortionists again like on the lateralus tour. Wings,10k days was moving,ill admit i felt emotion and alot of energy,closed my eyes and kinda meditated a couple times............overall great,ready for OKC now. Closer to home for me, i got close floor seats too.........Nice! If you get the chance to go take it,its worth it.You never know if we'll see TOOL again!

oh yeah,did anyone else notice adam playing the staring game,he looks at someone and stares and stands there and jams,looks kinda pissed off,he stared at me a couple times. Im surprised we only got one word"Fantastic" out of Maynard. I thought it would be something along the lines of "Take these feelings your having right now and go out into the world and use them to create something.....Positive" Kinda odd he pointed the mic at the crowd during the end of vicarious which is when its at its vocal climax....bummer..............still great show,Glad im going to OKC too. There were a couple hot ass honeys there tonight too ooooooooweeeee!

Last edited by paraflux; 05-12-2007 at 08:58 AM..
OFFLINE |