View Single Post
Starless82
05-11-2007, 11:54 PM

Great Show. Out of the four times I've seen Tool live this was probably the 2nd best, and I only say that for lack of older material in the setlist. The stage setup and video were top notch, as I've come to expect from the band. The laser show blew my mind. I haven't seen our guys since 2002, so the lasers were completely new to me. As a whole, the band was in top form and playing as tight as ever. Danny was wearing his University of Kansas jersey, as he always does when they roll through Wichita. It was a very standard setlist, but I was still pleased with it. I would have loved to hear Pushit, or The Pot, but I'm not complaining. I thought Maynard's vocals were a little drowned out; I had some trouble hearing him at various points throughout the night. I agree with the previous poster about Maynard's vocals being nearly indistinguishable for most of Rosetta Stoned. The crowd tonight was all in all very respectful and, although there was some, there was much less moshing and crowdsurfing than I had expected. Even though Maynard only said one word to us, as previously mentioned, The band got one of the loudest ovations I have ever experienced at any concert. Wichita appreciates Tool, and we showed them how much so this evening. Danny took note, and grabbed his Kansas jersey as if to say "thanks", which drew even louder applause. Looking very much forward to next time!

Last edited by Starless82; 05-12-2007 at 12:58 AM..
Old 05-11-2007, 11:54 PM   #7
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/05/11 - Wichita, KS - Kansas Coliseum

Great Show. Out of the four times I've seen Tool live this was probably the 2nd best, and I only say that for lack of older material in the setlist. The stage setup and video were top notch, as I've come to expect from the band. The laser show blew my mind. I haven't seen our guys since 2002, so the lasers were completely new to me. As a whole, the band was in top form and playing as tight as ever. Danny was wearing his University of Kansas jersey, as he always does when they roll through Wichita. It was a very standard setlist, but I was still pleased with it. I would have loved to hear Pushit, or The Pot, but I'm not complaining. I thought Maynard's vocals were a little drowned out; I had some trouble hearing him at various points throughout the night. I agree with the previous poster about Maynard's vocals being nearly indistinguishable for most of Rosetta Stoned. The crowd tonight was all in all very respectful and, although there was some, there was much less moshing and crowdsurfing than I had expected. Even though Maynard only said one word to us, as previously mentioned, The band got one of the loudest ovations I have ever experienced at any concert. Wichita appreciates Tool, and we showed them how much so this evening. Danny took note, and grabbed his Kansas jersey as if to say "thanks", which drew even louder applause. Looking very much forward to next time!

Last edited by Starless82; 05-12-2007 at 12:58 AM..
OFFLINE |