View Single Post
MunsterRugby07's Avatar MunsterRugby07
05-02-2007, 06:50 AM

I haven't seen Tool alot...so I don't have the frame of reference most of you have....with that in mind, I am struggling with tempering disappointment with contentment. Disappointment with being let down, simply because of my own sky-high expectations of Tool and contentment with the fact that even a 'sub-par' Tool show is still infinately better than anything else happening right now. (Think Good Charlotte (yack), Fall Out Boy, and Killers)

Tool as a band, and it's musical works, are an art form (obviously). When they take the stage and perform live though, they enter a relationship, of sorts, with the audience and both work together in the expression of that art. When some redneck decides to throw things, or forgets pit protocol, or....jumps on stage, it has to upset them, or at the very least distract them, and that has to upset the art being layed out on stage and things would in turn unravel.

I guess with everything that's happened I respect the live performance more cause I learned that one person being off, or one redneck jumping on stage, can really short-circuit things. That makes it kinda scary too though cause you pay $120 and get your hopes up waiting for that day to show up and then...well, you were there....

But as many of you have said, an explanation would have probably disarmed everyone a bit. But, am I owed that even? I'm just reluctant to be too demanding of someone who is freely sharing part of themself with me. Cause they can just say "fuck it" at some point and pack it in.

Maybe I don't get it though, that's just my perspective on it.

And if it made no sense, forgive me....im tired :-)
Old 05-02-2007, 06:50 AM   #34
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/04/30 - Reno, NV - Event Center

I haven't seen Tool alot...so I don't have the frame of reference most of you have....with that in mind, I am struggling with tempering disappointment with contentment. Disappointment with being let down, simply because of my own sky-high expectations of Tool and contentment with the fact that even a 'sub-par' Tool show is still infinately better than anything else happening right now. (Think Good Charlotte (yack), Fall Out Boy, and Killers)

Tool as a band, and it's musical works, are an art form (obviously). When they take the stage and perform live though, they enter a relationship, of sorts, with the audience and both work together in the expression of that art. When some redneck decides to throw things, or forgets pit protocol, or....jumps on stage, it has to upset them, or at the very least distract them, and that has to upset the art being layed out on stage and things would in turn unravel.

I guess with everything that's happened I respect the live performance more cause I learned that one person being off, or one redneck jumping on stage, can really short-circuit things. That makes it kinda scary too though cause you pay $120 and get your hopes up waiting for that day to show up and then...well, you were there....

But as many of you have said, an explanation would have probably disarmed everyone a bit. But, am I owed that even? I'm just reluctant to be too demanding of someone who is freely sharing part of themself with me. Cause they can just say "fuck it" at some point and pack it in.

Maybe I don't get it though, that's just my perspective on it.

And if it made no sense, forgive me....im tired :-)