View Single Post
livid star's Avatar livid star
05-01-2007, 10:25 PM

My sixth Tool show has made me contemplate my future attendance of Tool shows (if they ever come back around). On second thought, at least driving long distances to their shows...I felt disappointed. I was also flying solo and feeling lonely, I was in a sad place and so were Tool.

So...
Why does Maynard bother to show up? [I know the answer to this, but . . .] When he did sing, I could hardly hear it in section 117. To his defense, I did not open my mouth once during the concert, yet afterward my voice was raspy, do to inhaling all that second-hand smoke. So preservation mixed with discontentment makes a horrid display from such a talented person. I didn't want Maynards performance to hinder my enjoyment of the other members, but it did.

The throwing of the beach balls was also uncalled for. One of them landed on Adam's gear. I noticed during their onstage pow-wow, Danny was icing his bicep. I did see the official set list and they were slated to perform Vicarious and Aenima, in that order. I think they called it soon for Danny's sake.

It was good to finally hear the Wings duo, but of course things go awry when I'm there. I was hoping for the Swamp Song variation.

</3 Reno . . . and I think the band felt the same. :*(
Old 05-01-2007, 10:25 PM   #28
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 3
Re: 2007/04/30 - Reno, NV - Event Center

My sixth Tool show has made me contemplate my future attendance of Tool shows (if they ever come back around). On second thought, at least driving long distances to their shows...I felt disappointed. I was also flying solo and feeling lonely, I was in a sad place and so were Tool.

So...
Why does Maynard bother to show up? [I know the answer to this, but . . .] When he did sing, I could hardly hear it in section 117. To his defense, I did not open my mouth once during the concert, yet afterward my voice was raspy, do to inhaling all that second-hand smoke. So preservation mixed with discontentment makes a horrid display from such a talented person. I didn't want Maynards performance to hinder my enjoyment of the other members, but it did.

The throwing of the beach balls was also uncalled for. One of them landed on Adam's gear. I noticed during their onstage pow-wow, Danny was icing his bicep. I did see the official set list and they were slated to perform Vicarious and Aenima, in that order. I think they called it soon for Danny's sake.

It was good to finally hear the Wings duo, but of course things go awry when I'm there. I was hoping for the Swamp Song variation.

</3 Reno . . . and I think the band felt the same. :*(