View Single Post
Orion***
05-01-2007, 09:18 PM

Alright I have to get this off my chest, cause it is really tearing at me.
Firstly tho...I wanna agree with most people that the sound was rather good and that the intimate setting could have been a big opportunity for the band to pull of some good stuff.
Being my first show, I had to live off the internet, finding to post on Youtube and watchin them rock...haha...vicariously I should add. Granted, altogether that might not have been a good idea, but I came to respect and appreciate the band for their presence and intensity on stage. I'd watch Aemina and Lateralus, and even the Grudge, and I'd hear these belting screams and crazy drum extensions, and just thought the world of TOOL. Reno however wasn't like that.
I agree...it seems that Mr. Maynard had no respect for the audience...people who have traveled far and wide, made sacrifices, paid large amounts of money, invested time and interest in the progress and happenings of the band. It was altogether rather selfish, and however much I hate to admit it, the performance wasn't the stuff that occupied my dreams. It wasn't the stuff that I had longed to see and was hoping to hear.
That is all....I still liked the performance, very much so, and for being my first time, I cannot expect anything less. I was just hoping to lose myself between the sounds, and not have to sing them...or play along with whatever antics they willed.
TOOL rocks!
O.
Old 05-01-2007, 09:18 PM   #26
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/04/30 - Reno, NV - Event Center

Alright I have to get this off my chest, cause it is really tearing at me.
Firstly tho...I wanna agree with most people that the sound was rather good and that the intimate setting could have been a big opportunity for the band to pull of some good stuff.
Being my first show, I had to live off the internet, finding to post on Youtube and watchin them rock...haha...vicariously I should add. Granted, altogether that might not have been a good idea, but I came to respect and appreciate the band for their presence and intensity on stage. I'd watch Aemina and Lateralus, and even the Grudge, and I'd hear these belting screams and crazy drum extensions, and just thought the world of TOOL. Reno however wasn't like that.
I agree...it seems that Mr. Maynard had no respect for the audience...people who have traveled far and wide, made sacrifices, paid large amounts of money, invested time and interest in the progress and happenings of the band. It was altogether rather selfish, and however much I hate to admit it, the performance wasn't the stuff that occupied my dreams. It wasn't the stuff that I had longed to see and was hoping to hear.
That is all....I still liked the performance, very much so, and for being my first time, I cannot expect anything less. I was just hoping to lose myself between the sounds, and not have to sing them...or play along with whatever antics they willed.
TOOL rocks!
O.