View Single Post
Muu's Avatar Muu
05-01-2007, 07:51 PM

I've seen Tool more times than I'd admit, but I will say that the first time I saw them was at the Whiskey a Go Go opening for Haunted Garage back in the day :-P Since people already posted the setlist and stuff, I'll just add a few musings of my own.

My hubby and I were 6th row, Floor 4, seats 11 and 12 (just to the left of Adam). Awesome show, great venue, and the sound was amazing. Due to the previous complains about the sound, I guess in this venue you have to have seats in a certain area to get good sound, but it was really, really great where we were.

It's true Maynard wasn't singing some of the choruses, but it didn't bother me for what I got out of it. I got to hear more of the guitar, bass and drums that I don't normally get to hear when the chorus is going on, and it was also really cool hearing the crowd sing the choruses instead. I liked it. If Maynard's voice was bothering him, I'd understand if he didn't tax it by singing the chorus or chatting to the crowd. I don't think his doing so detracted from the experience at all.

About the guy who jumped on stage, and caused Maynard to stop singing, maybe I can shed some light on that. At past shows, in smaller venues like Club Lingerie or the Whiskey, Maynard would comment often on crowd surfers, moshers and the overzealous security guards who manhandled them. Maynard seems to have quite a distaste of security personnel who are too rough with people. That being said, I noticed that Maynard stopped singing not when the guy got on stage, but when the security guys grabbed him and dragged him offstage.

I liked Kinski quite a lot. Their groove was deep and songs trippy. I'm definitely going to pick up some of their stuff soon.

We were also at the Marysville show last September, and although this one was different, different is good, and I enjoyed this show much more.
Old 05-01-2007, 07:51 PM   #24
Muu
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/04/30 - Reno, NV - Event Center

I've seen Tool more times than I'd admit, but I will say that the first time I saw them was at the Whiskey a Go Go opening for Haunted Garage back in the day :-P Since people already posted the setlist and stuff, I'll just add a few musings of my own.

My hubby and I were 6th row, Floor 4, seats 11 and 12 (just to the left of Adam). Awesome show, great venue, and the sound was amazing. Due to the previous complains about the sound, I guess in this venue you have to have seats in a certain area to get good sound, but it was really, really great where we were.

It's true Maynard wasn't singing some of the choruses, but it didn't bother me for what I got out of it. I got to hear more of the guitar, bass and drums that I don't normally get to hear when the chorus is going on, and it was also really cool hearing the crowd sing the choruses instead. I liked it. If Maynard's voice was bothering him, I'd understand if he didn't tax it by singing the chorus or chatting to the crowd. I don't think his doing so detracted from the experience at all.

About the guy who jumped on stage, and caused Maynard to stop singing, maybe I can shed some light on that. At past shows, in smaller venues like Club Lingerie or the Whiskey, Maynard would comment often on crowd surfers, moshers and the overzealous security guards who manhandled them. Maynard seems to have quite a distaste of security personnel who are too rough with people. That being said, I noticed that Maynard stopped singing not when the guy got on stage, but when the security guys grabbed him and dragged him offstage.

I liked Kinski quite a lot. Their groove was deep and songs trippy. I'm definitely going to pick up some of their stuff soon.

We were also at the Marysville show last September, and although this one was different, different is good, and I enjoyed this show much more.
OFFLINE |