View Single Post
Silverbrain
05-01-2007, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakX View Post
Being a singer myself, and someone has already mentioned it, it is really important to note that singing is an organic instrument. EVERYONE has nights and days where they can't do shit. Its just the way it goes. He could have been incredibly sick, or just had an off day... who knows. I just know that Tool takes a lot of pride in their live show, and it doesn't seem like they would purposely make the show less than their high standard.

I'm not sure if hatred or anger towards them is the proper response.

I do wish that they could have had someone come out and briefly state what was going on, though. That would have made things better for everyone.

I completely concur with the "briefly state what was going on" something has to be!

Maynard from my vantage point really seemed disinterested (he gave off a similar, yet not as strong vibe in marysville) 46n2, he let the crowd sing an entire section, Jambi, left lyrics out, Schism, left the climax out, Right in 2 climax mia, and my personal disapointment...wings, he left the climax out on that one too, not to mention that at the beginning of the song, I thought they made an extended intro until I realized that he was actually singing..it was so soft, I couldnt hear it! None of his trademark screams in any of their songs... and the list goes on...until we reach Lateralus. I thought to myself "my god..its Maynard up there!" His energy was there, vocals were there.

Danny, my god can that guy drum, and the guitars were just tight and awesome.

With Marysville / Reno under my belt in the last year...both shows NOTHING like any tool show before, energy wise (maynard wise, rest are still jamming) whats wrong, he seems so disinterested. Thoughts?

I saw cold last year, Scooter came out and said he was under the weather...and that meant something, the show was not disappointing with that preface..
Old 05-01-2007, 06:04 PM   #23
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/04/30 - Reno, NV - Event Center

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakX View Post
Being a singer myself, and someone has already mentioned it, it is really important to note that singing is an organic instrument. EVERYONE has nights and days where they can't do shit. Its just the way it goes. He could have been incredibly sick, or just had an off day... who knows. I just know that Tool takes a lot of pride in their live show, and it doesn't seem like they would purposely make the show less than their high standard.

I'm not sure if hatred or anger towards them is the proper response.

I do wish that they could have had someone come out and briefly state what was going on, though. That would have made things better for everyone.

I completely concur with the "briefly state what was going on" something has to be!

Maynard from my vantage point really seemed disinterested (he gave off a similar, yet not as strong vibe in marysville) 46n2, he let the crowd sing an entire section, Jambi, left lyrics out, Schism, left the climax out, Right in 2 climax mia, and my personal disapointment...wings, he left the climax out on that one too, not to mention that at the beginning of the song, I thought they made an extended intro until I realized that he was actually singing..it was so soft, I couldnt hear it! None of his trademark screams in any of their songs... and the list goes on...until we reach Lateralus. I thought to myself "my god..its Maynard up there!" His energy was there, vocals were there.

Danny, my god can that guy drum, and the guitars were just tight and awesome.

With Marysville / Reno under my belt in the last year...both shows NOTHING like any tool show before, energy wise (maynard wise, rest are still jamming) whats wrong, he seems so disinterested. Thoughts?

I saw cold last year, Scooter came out and said he was under the weather...and that meant something, the show was not disappointing with that preface..
OFFLINE |