View Single Post
Mattrogesis
05-01-2007, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by preveeshat View Post
This was my 9th tool show, but only my second this year. I saw them back in september on the east coast and it was an amazing show. I think this show needs more credit than it is getting. Yes, that guy that jumped on stage was an idiot, but it didnt really ruin anything! I mean, super distracting during the songs that I was shaking in anticipation for, but just cause we lost out on lyrics doesnt mean we lost out on music. Lateralus was amazing too. Any time I get completely lost in a song and forget about the crowd around me, it was a super successful performance. So, even through the TERRIBLE SOUND (yes, it was awful, there was so much buzzing!!), left out lyrics, maynard's supposed bad vocals (which i dont think is true, i thought he sung fine, i think the sound system was just awful and it made it hard to hear him properly), a terrible venue, and a stupid guy getting on stage, it was definately an AMAZING show. I wish there had been an encore, but i guess Danny's bicep needed a break? I dunno. But wow..
And hey, did anyone else have such a fun time going to the weird cabana bar that was down the street where the DJ played TOOL for the rest of the night? yeah, what gets better than that...

haha.
Fun show for sure. So stoked I got to see it.

The show was very safe. I don't blame them. Maynard is obviously not up to par at the moment, and Danny is probably making sure he doesn't overdo it.
They made the best of it. The only reason i say this is because I've seen them in top form, and its perfection, so when i see that they are actually human, and have to deal with the obstacles of the road and life, it can be shocking. The show was really really good, and to see. Its not that he was really singing bad, but he was singing on the easier spectrum of his vocal range. That is why that didn't even attempt THE POT, SOBER, VICARIOUS or OPIATE. I could be wrong, but that's just the feeling i got. I have to add that I was not in any frame of mind for the show....completely tired and for the first time at a tool show...alone!!!!

=*(
Old 05-01-2007, 11:16 AM   #13
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/04/30 - Reno, NV - Event Center

Quote:
Originally Posted by preveeshat View Post
This was my 9th tool show, but only my second this year. I saw them back in september on the east coast and it was an amazing show. I think this show needs more credit than it is getting. Yes, that guy that jumped on stage was an idiot, but it didnt really ruin anything! I mean, super distracting during the songs that I was shaking in anticipation for, but just cause we lost out on lyrics doesnt mean we lost out on music. Lateralus was amazing too. Any time I get completely lost in a song and forget about the crowd around me, it was a super successful performance. So, even through the TERRIBLE SOUND (yes, it was awful, there was so much buzzing!!), left out lyrics, maynard's supposed bad vocals (which i dont think is true, i thought he sung fine, i think the sound system was just awful and it made it hard to hear him properly), a terrible venue, and a stupid guy getting on stage, it was definately an AMAZING show. I wish there had been an encore, but i guess Danny's bicep needed a break? I dunno. But wow..
And hey, did anyone else have such a fun time going to the weird cabana bar that was down the street where the DJ played TOOL for the rest of the night? yeah, what gets better than that...

haha.
Fun show for sure. So stoked I got to see it.

The show was very safe. I don't blame them. Maynard is obviously not up to par at the moment, and Danny is probably making sure he doesn't overdo it.
They made the best of it. The only reason i say this is because I've seen them in top form, and its perfection, so when i see that they are actually human, and have to deal with the obstacles of the road and life, it can be shocking. The show was really really good, and to see. Its not that he was really singing bad, but he was singing on the easier spectrum of his vocal range. That is why that didn't even attempt THE POT, SOBER, VICARIOUS or OPIATE. I could be wrong, but that's just the feeling i got. I have to add that I was not in any frame of mind for the show....completely tired and for the first time at a tool show...alone!!!!

=*(
OFFLINE |