View Single Post
s_jr's Avatar s_jr
04-30-2007, 10:07 PM

I didn't write this down as it was played, so from my (hazy) memory, which seems to be accurate from other posts:
Jambi
46&2
Stinkfist
Schism (with double-time)
Rosetta Stoned
Right in Two (!) with short Intension intro
Wings for Marie/10,000 Days
Lateralus (with Danny Carey drum solo in the middle)

This was my ~27th Tool show -- I'm starting to lose track... blame it on senility -- and I was blown away as usual. However, I do have some mixed feelings about this show. Of course I love Tool's music, and I try not to nitpick about shows, since I am always entertained. But this show left me wanting more: for the first 70 minutes, it had the potential to be one of the best shows I've *ever* seen. But then some asshole decided it would be a good idea to jump on stage about 20 seconds before Maynard sang "Judith Marie..." in 10,000 Days. Maynard did not sing the rest of the song, then skipped several lines in the next and last song of the show, Lateralus.

Overall, the energy Tool had during the show was amazing, and hearing Right in Two again was a very pleasant surprise. I think that song is so amazing live, that I wonder if they'll start closing with it someday... The comments I overheard while leaving the venue suggested most people were impressed with the show, so I'm probably being a bit critical, but losing Vicarious and Aenima (plus perhaps one of Sober/Swamp Song/The Pot) was unfortunate. Hopefully I'll catch them again at the end of the summer when/if they hit the west coast again! The sound was amazing at the Reno Events Center too.
Old 04-30-2007, 10:07 PM   #4
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/04/30 - Reno, NV - Event Center

I didn't write this down as it was played, so from my (hazy) memory, which seems to be accurate from other posts:
Jambi
46&2
Stinkfist
Schism (with double-time)
Rosetta Stoned
Right in Two (!) with short Intension intro
Wings for Marie/10,000 Days
Lateralus (with Danny Carey drum solo in the middle)

This was my ~27th Tool show -- I'm starting to lose track... blame it on senility -- and I was blown away as usual. However, I do have some mixed feelings about this show. Of course I love Tool's music, and I try not to nitpick about shows, since I am always entertained. But this show left me wanting more: for the first 70 minutes, it had the potential to be one of the best shows I've *ever* seen. But then some asshole decided it would be a good idea to jump on stage about 20 seconds before Maynard sang "Judith Marie..." in 10,000 Days. Maynard did not sing the rest of the song, then skipped several lines in the next and last song of the show, Lateralus.

Overall, the energy Tool had during the show was amazing, and hearing Right in Two again was a very pleasant surprise. I think that song is so amazing live, that I wonder if they'll start closing with it someday... The comments I overheard while leaving the venue suggested most people were impressed with the show, so I'm probably being a bit critical, but losing Vicarious and Aenima (plus perhaps one of Sober/Swamp Song/The Pot) was unfortunate. Hopefully I'll catch them again at the end of the summer when/if they hit the west coast again! The sound was amazing at the Reno Events Center too.
OFFLINE |