View Single Post
Old 02-02-2007, 04:16 AM   #83
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/01/31 - Melbourne, AUS - Sidney Myer Music Bowl

unfortunately i've gotta say the show for me was very average...I'm only 5/6 and could see buger all on the hill for starters. the band or should i say maynard definately didn't live up to the mind-blowing heights of the lateralus tour... I actually thought the rest of the band were practically perfect. to me it was painfully obvious his heart wasn't in this performance...he didn't seem to even attempt to nail any of the screams/vocal crescendos that sheerly amazed me on the lateralus tour.i thought 10,000 days and Ænema were the only two songs where maynards voice seemed to almost live up to his normal brilliance... i don't know maybe his mic wasn't turned loud enough or they were not using voice enhancing effects or something. Additionally the set list for mine was far too similar to that of the big day out. in the end i think they ended up dumping the bdo's swamp song, the pot and sober in exchange for rosetta stoned and 10,000 Days....bloody disappointing. i thought a treat like eulogy, prison sex, the grudge, opiate, third eye, or no quater might of been on the cards...maybe the band thought there was a high proportion of wankers in the melbourne crowd...i sure did...unfriendly, nuckleheaded and at time aggressive wankers

don't get me wrong they were good but were nowhere near as good as I have come to expect...i guess thats the price you pay for raising the benchmark so high in the first place!
OFFLINE |