View Single Post
Old 07-23-2009, 07:37 PM   #61
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: TooL Tour without an Album?

(kindof generally responding to the main point of this and not too anyone in specific)
It was my first time catching Tool this time around...so I was pretty stoked, granted ive been listening to them since 98 roughly...never had an opp to catch their show and not to diss any die hard tool fans...it just seem some put them on a pedestal.
I agree with alot have said regarding this sort of out of the blue mini-escapade.
While theyre miles above alot of other groups that record and perform live, this was a new experience and a great one at that even if it was rehashed or done sometime ago..its new to me.
I think they could tour without really even having to support album; theyre still supporting their ideals and the whole concept of who they are... but perhaps I might not be getting the point of 'Tool'.
to me, performing is performing. and everyone involved from the band to the techs and lighting were phenomenal and crafted a great experience.
id love another chance to experience this again...so hopefully its warm up for a new production

Last edited by gravenewworld; 07-23-2009 at 08:11 PM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote