View Single Post
koobcam
08-23-2007, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancthulhu View Post
Were you at the front on the left side? There was a guy near me who was told to calm down. People moshing throughout the entire set was just irritating IMO - don't get me wrong, when I go to extreme metal gigs I don't care that people mosh (although I tend to avoid the pit), but I suspect I'm far from being the only one who thinks it's totally out of place an a Tool concert. Not everyone wants to be crushed during Lateralus and I spent most of the gig trying not to fall over.
I agree. I went to see NIN at the Apollo in Manchester, I saw the Prodigy at the MEN - both were mental gigs.

Never before have I seen so many people try to mosh (and I say try because even tapping your foot to Tool's rhythm is harder than most bands - you know why) and it was just very annoying.

I was just to the left, at the middle. I was going to take off my jumper and get my wife beater out, but I just couldn't move. I was trying to stop my girlfriend (and other girls) from getting squashed to buggery at the front.

I do expect movement, but never before have I seen so many people just go nuts at the 'main' tool songs and then stand still during 'the flood'. No one (apart from a select few) seemed to know what it was, which was sad.

I might try the Manchester gig tonight and see how that goes.
Old 08-23-2007, 05:00 AM   #41
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 55
Re: 2007/08/21 - London, UK - Brixton Academy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancthulhu View Post
Were you at the front on the left side? There was a guy near me who was told to calm down. People moshing throughout the entire set was just irritating IMO - don't get me wrong, when I go to extreme metal gigs I don't care that people mosh (although I tend to avoid the pit), but I suspect I'm far from being the only one who thinks it's totally out of place an a Tool concert. Not everyone wants to be crushed during Lateralus and I spent most of the gig trying not to fall over.
I agree. I went to see NIN at the Apollo in Manchester, I saw the Prodigy at the MEN - both were mental gigs.

Never before have I seen so many people try to mosh (and I say try because even tapping your foot to Tool's rhythm is harder than most bands - you know why) and it was just very annoying.

I was just to the left, at the middle. I was going to take off my jumper and get my wife beater out, but I just couldn't move. I was trying to stop my girlfriend (and other girls) from getting squashed to buggery at the front.

I do expect movement, but never before have I seen so many people just go nuts at the 'main' tool songs and then stand still during 'the flood'. No one (apart from a select few) seemed to know what it was, which was sad.

I might try the Manchester gig tonight and see how that goes.
OFFLINE |