View Single Post
dancingflame
07-27-2009, 02:33 AM

i like every tool-video...and for vicarious: i like the mix of both artists- grey and jones aaaaaand its a great achievement to introduce greys art into the animated artform- just one grey-picture has so many layers and details and comes out of so many directions that just one scene from the video does the same- who says the video is not good and uninspired doesn`t seem to have a motivation to understand it- which is good- not everyone has eyes to see and ears to hear- makes me glad, personally, to be not that superficial and sad on the other hand that nobody seems to get the message without digging deeper...but thats tool- if you don`t like it, go find something else :D
edit: on the other hand i get the point that stylistically it falls out of the frame- and its another question if adam should mix his style with another ones- but he probably thinks it`d be good and so he does it- and thats what tools about...i really liked that step...though i also hope that the next video is going to be either more badass apocalyptic three-dimensional animated or the grey blue stop-motion we learnt to love from tool (btw: hast anyone ever seen a movie by the brothers quay?- tool-videos seem way more less inventive as you watched those)...anyway...anyhting they`ll release is going to be good or brilliant- "horrible" is an adjective that never came to my mind when thinking about the quality of a tool-output...

Last edited by dancingflame; 07-27-2009 at 02:39 AM..
Old 07-27-2009, 02:33 AM   #49
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 0
Re: Upcoming release?

i like every tool-video...and for vicarious: i like the mix of both artists- grey and jones aaaaaand its a great achievement to introduce greys art into the animated artform- just one grey-picture has so many layers and details and comes out of so many directions that just one scene from the video does the same- who says the video is not good and uninspired doesn`t seem to have a motivation to understand it- which is good- not everyone has eyes to see and ears to hear- makes me glad, personally, to be not that superficial and sad on the other hand that nobody seems to get the message without digging deeper...but thats tool- if you don`t like it, go find something else :D
edit: on the other hand i get the point that stylistically it falls out of the frame- and its another question if adam should mix his style with another ones- but he probably thinks it`d be good and so he does it- and thats what tools about...i really liked that step...though i also hope that the next video is going to be either more badass apocalyptic three-dimensional animated or the grey blue stop-motion we learnt to love from tool (btw: hast anyone ever seen a movie by the brothers quay?- tool-videos seem way more less inventive as you watched those)...anyway...anyhting they`ll release is going to be good or brilliant- "horrible" is an adjective that never came to my mind when thinking about the quality of a tool-output...

Last edited by dancingflame; 07-27-2009 at 02:39 AM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote