View Single Post
Old 10-08-2006, 08:10 AM   #34
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/10/07 - Uniondale, NY - Nassau Coliseum

OK, here is my take. This was the second best Tool show of the four that I have seen. The best was the MSG show for the Lateralus tour. That was perfection.

I noticed that Tool focused more on the music and less on the imagery which was nice change of pace. The 7 foot high screens behind the band were subdued enough for fans to enjoy, but not lose sight of the band itself. Maynard's gyrations in front of them was hypnotic at times. The laser show was tremendous and the laser screen of clouds during Wings was truly awesome. I sat in the 108's and the lasers fanned out to maje two traingular screens, when mixed with the smoke gave the imagery of clouds overhead.

I think Rosetta Stoned is a fantastic song, but it comes across vocally much better on the album. The parts that Maynard sings through the bullhorn sound way too muddy and affects the aesthetic of the song. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it, I just wish it sounded better. Was 100x better than the city center sound, but still on the muddy side vocally.

I was tremedously disappointed that they placed pretty much a very similar set list as the club tour. Plus, I thought we would get some bonus material, since this was the last US show.

Here is hoping the spring tour will bring a different set list, which it should, since they cahnged the set list on the lateralus tour and the second leg. Peace.
OFFLINE |