View Single Post
Old 10-08-2006, 12:41 AM   #19
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/10/07 - Uniondale, NY - Nassau Coliseum

another kick ass show! saw them last night in NJ too.. don't take what maynard says personal "___ is louder", he says that at every show.. saw them in camden last week, saw them in city center in may.. each show is a treat in its own way (but i sit in different spots each time).. city center was the worst (though the venue itself was nice) because i sat all the way in the back.. made sure this time to get floor seats.. but that presented its own challenges..

floor seats suck when the damn stage is on the same level as the people in front of you.. no inclined floor + low stage = horrible idea (unless you're allllllll the way in the front).

luckily tonight i DID manage to catch ISIS (though i didn't get to my seat until after the first song ended which sucked cuz that was my fav song by them, "so did we").

i agree, the lasers were phenomenal (but that's cuz i was right underneath them, in the center, section B1, last row 26).. i think lateralus had too much special effects personally, it's an amazing song (second by a small amount only to 46&2 in my opinion).. but the end of lateralus is the most amazing, eyes glued on danny carey's amazingness then.. (anyone seen the video of danny playing the end of laterlus will know.. the gong is the most powerful part of the song for me.. the guy is an ANIMAL!!

the sound was pretty good if you ask me.. i love how penetrating the bass is (i can feel the hair on my arms vibrate right before the show starts).. probably why nothing comes close to live music..

so of all the 4 shows i saw (5/21, 9/28, 10/6, and 10/7), this was the f'in best as far as performance goes.. (though my seats yesterday off the side and elevated were better as far as being able to see).. damn tall people on the floor.. :-\

and like everyone else, i'm bumed they didn't play a diff set list.. play sober, heck play jimmy, play pushit, play third eye, play ticks and leeches for christ sakes (i know it hurts your voice maynard but damn, throw us a bone).. tool kicks ass, so i guess they thought they didn't need to do much more? shame though. woulda made the tour complete to try something new (they changed it up the 2nd day of the city center venue in may).. btw isis is pretty awesome too, made it a point to check out their stuff and i'm really liking the panopticon album (haven't heard the latest one or celestial yet)

Last edited by cynikal; 10-08-2006 at 12:56 AM..
OFFLINE |