View Single Post
Old 10-07-2006, 09:49 PM   #13
Banned.

Bincount™: 360
Re: 2006/10/07 - Uniondale, NY - Nassau Coliseum

For those of you who said the sound was deafening, you must not go to many loud concerts.

Show was excellent. Nowhere close to Lateralus tour. This was a different kind of good. Instead of being an obscure band with a message, Tool has now succumbed to pandering to the fans. However, they have NOT lost their integrity, and I don't think it's a bad thing that they're basically just out there now to make people happy and have a good time, rather than tell them what to do. Adam fucked up a lot, but I think some of it was because his guitar tech kept running in after every song to fix something.

The lasers were cool, but I didn't think they were necessary. They were over-used and distracted me from the stage.

I couldn't believe how well they nailed Rosetta Stoned. My favorite song of the night, along with Lateralus and Aenema.

Seemed short. When they played on the Lateralus tour, they did extended Stinkfist, extended Schism, The Grudge, Cold and Ugly, Parabol/Parabola in full, H., Sober with Merkaba, Disposition/Reflection/Triad, and Lateralus. It just seemed a lot longer back then, for some reason.

Enjoyed the show. Had a wonderful time, and I appreciate Tool's new direction a little more now, which is what I had hoped would happen. But I still felt that the people who didn't see the 2002 touring have missed out on something that will never be matched by them ever again.

P.S. Even though I suppose it worked to create a great connection live, I STILL think Wings/10K Days is too long and flat for my liking. Even live, I was ready for them to move on five minutes in. Maybe it was just never meant to be with that song. It's not even comparable to D/R/T back in the day.

For anyone who saw a sexy guy with a shaved head and an unmissable blue MOGWAI MR. BEAST sweatshirt, that was me, the champion. I later went into Papa John's.

Last edited by champion; 10-07-2006 at 09:52 PM..
OFFLINE |