Thread: Praying...
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2006, 09:14 AM   #37
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Praying...

Isn't this song just an allegory for empowerment?

1st verse narrator is being forced to endure something they don't want - literally rape, figuratively maybe Christianity. i.e. they are spoonfed religion at a very young age, and they have no way to avoid it, they are just 'forced' to be Christian.

2nd verse the narrator is living/surviving the horrible ordeal they went through (treading water, need to sleep).

3rd verse the narrator forces their own child to accept their will being imposed - literally rape, figuratively maybe being force fed Christianity. The narrator went through this ordeal, it's all they know from experience, so they recycle the feelings/emotions and force them on their own kid.

Ending - "I have found some kind of temporary sanity in this shit, blood, and cum on my hands." The narrator feels better, because s/he got to dominate their child. Just like they were dominated when they were young.

Basically a person is forced into a religion as soon as they are born, they never have a chance to develop their own thoughts. Then when they are adults, because the only thoughts on religion that they have were forced upon them by their parents/teachers/etc... they just recycle what they know onto the next generation. Perpetuating the cycle, and creating a group people that only know what they are bashed over the head with.

In other words Christianity Sucks.

That's what I hear/see in this song. Flame away.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote