View Single Post
Old 09-16-2003, 11:13 AM   #49
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Eulogy of Jesus Christ

Quote:
Originally Posted by paraflux
Um, right on?

Yes, right on. I was talking to others, obviously.

Okay, I'm glad we cleared that up.

Ah, yes, reality, truth. Are you aware that nothing escapes change? Not human bodies, not the color of leaves, not truth, not reality.

Yes I knew that.

If you will look at the 2nd contest dan has going on you will find that lots of people think perception=reality.

I did not know about the contest, I get your point none the less.

Your reality is worlds apart from mine, I can tell that already.

I'm glad we cleared that up.

The truth changes, rebecca.

Not the pure truth that I am searching out. I feel it in me calling me like it's been here all along. Long before I ever was.

For eons the "truth" was that the world was flat. People lived their lives based on this truth, their realities were shaped on this truth. People died when they started fucking with this truth. i.e. Galileo. The new truth was that the earth was not flat, and people eventually had to come to terms with this. This is but one example of how the truth changes.

That's not truth, that's an old point of veiw shared among that particular society. Because they believed it, never meant it was truth, at least to me, don't think I'm forcing you to swallow that.

You said you knew Jesus physically existed, and I wondered how you knew. You did not answer my question, and indeed it was fun to make that reply.

I did not say I knew or know he physically existed, I still don't know for sure, but from what I have read, I feel that he did, as a human being.

Trust me, I know what languages the Bible was written in. And I am aware of the translation problem. Even though you recognize there is a problem, you still take the words literally, it seems.

Not all of them, it's not that easy to simplify my veiw on the bible itself in a small sentence as you have done to me.

You seem to be against metaphors when Jesus entire life is one big metaphor, an example of our future, an example of what is possible as a human.

I am not against metaphors. I think people use the idea of them to twist truth.

I dont care what people do in the name of Jesus, once again you skirt around the real issue. You think Maynard is talking specifically about Christ in this song, thus taking what little references you can find, cross-reference them with other bands' songs (which is totally irresponsible as a listener) and come to the literal conclusion and allow no more room for your personal truth to change.

I noticed a lot more than a little references in this song to christ. I never cross referenced this song to another band's lyrics, where did you read that? When did I say that? Don't talk about my personal truth and what room I give it to change, you can't know me personally from a few posts.

Once again, if thats what you want to do, then fine. You are still an arrogant condescending know-it-all college student.

Not really, but it's your right to think of me however you want.

Your abrasive nature will turn people off for as long as you have it.

Thanks for the advice. I'll keep in mind that I need to change how I type just so I don't piss off people like you who don't personally know me, but seem to be able to magically read me and not just my posts.

You fouond some other assholes with which to share your time, who "understand" you? Super job!! So keep your little circle of friends and dont make any effort to reach those outside that circle, by any means!! Because you know what, they dont matter!

You call me abrasive?! Come on, now your not just talking about me, your talking about people that you don't know anything about. Who are you to judge who and who doesn't matter? They matter enough for you to call them assholes, so you just contradicted yourself.

****[/QUOTE]

I don't know what pisses you off more, That I'm female, That I'm intelligent, That I know many things that this male dominated society and it's male leaders don't want me to know... I get dumped all over for defending my point of veiw, and you somehow feel the erge to defend yourself from me?! I'm actually easy to get along with...Even though I may not have portrayed it here, I do respect other peoples opnions and points of veiw, I guess it just frustrates me to see so many people closed off to the possibilities that the spiritual side of life has to offer. Obviously I have upset you to the point that you feel you need to shame me in some way, I'm sorry I made you take time out of your short life to post me back.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote