View Single Post
Old 09-13-2003, 12:36 PM   #45
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Not about Jesus...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJRocker2003
The lyrics simply don't fit. Such phrases as "waiving and pointing his finger at everything but his heart." Jesus was never judgemental (except to the pharasees for THEIR hypocrisy), and was always loving, patient and kind. "It was SOO LOUD, he sure could YELL." Come on, do you honestly think Jesus ranted and raved and yelled? I don't think so, neither the Bible nor historical accounts suggest it.

"Uh yeah, and yes they did by the way. The lyrics fit like a glove."

Also, he knew he would have to die, but he never openly told anyone, not even his disciples, that he was going to die for their sins.

"sounds like sunday school"

Also, Jesus wasn't a false messiah,

"I never stated anything in religious terms"

he did die and was ressurrected, unlike say Jim Jones or David Koresh.

"how can you compare?"

I think this song is about false prophets such as those mentioned and basically anyone who takes something pure, such as Jesus' teachings, and skews them to his own ends.

"wow, your really religious. Christian?"

I understand why some of you people are angry and want to blame someone like Jesus, because it's easy to blame someone who doesn't fight back, but I think Jesus only did good for the world.

"Okay, I'm not angry and looking to blame Jesus. Funny, i don't remember saying that at all?..."

It's people like Pope Innocent III (the crusades) and all those sick clergymen who raped and molested children that you should be angry at.

"True"

Wear your grudges like crowns, but wear them wisely...
This one is simple. Everything you have stated, you are quoting directly from the bible, or some sunday school teacher, basically directly from within some religious confines. Listen. The bible itself is, in it's english version, a series of tales. You have to re-read it in hebrew to try and grasp the truth. Besides, if you believe that the Bible is a 24-7 log of Jesus's (or any Biblical figure on that note) every action, then you might as well be living in wonderland. Since you obviously have internet access, you should use it to do more research, outside of your religion. I can assure you that a whole new world of truth will be opened to you.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote