View Single Post
DonCarlito's Avatar DonCarlito
06-10-2006, 10:37 AM

Since I'm from Quebec City and haven't been raised by a Christian family/society, I'll skip the Christianity thing and go straight to how Tool affected my outlook on life.

I was 16 years old when I first heard Aenima, ten years ago. I was feeling ugly, depressed, apart from a lot of things. I could say that this time of my life was an unhappy one, to say the least. Sure, I had a lot of good friends, but no girlfriend (that point was really killing me inside) and life was just boring, I guess. Until I heard Stinkfist.

When I heard that song, it seemed to me that a whole new world was opening right in front of me. The music was so different than what I was listening to (except for Genesis, I still love that band). And the lyrics!!! I can honestly say that Tool was the first band to which I could really relate to, in terms of lyrics.

After buying and listening to the album for a whole year and a half every day (no kidding, I really did that) I knew I found the thing I was serching for. A group that I could love and listen for years to come.

Because of this group, I learned that being different was all right. Because of this group, I learned to accept myself for what I am. Tool made my living hell a better place to be. Tool helped me survive that muddy hell that being 16 years old is all about. Tool helped me grow and become more peaceful with myself.

P.S. I know there's a lot of mistake in my post. I usually speak and write French :P

Almost forgot: I know Bill Hicks from Tool :)
Old 06-10-2006, 10:37 AM   #106
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: How has Tool affected your outlook

Since I'm from Quebec City and haven't been raised by a Christian family/society, I'll skip the Christianity thing and go straight to how Tool affected my outlook on life.

I was 16 years old when I first heard Aenima, ten years ago. I was feeling ugly, depressed, apart from a lot of things. I could say that this time of my life was an unhappy one, to say the least. Sure, I had a lot of good friends, but no girlfriend (that point was really killing me inside) and life was just boring, I guess. Until I heard Stinkfist.

When I heard that song, it seemed to me that a whole new world was opening right in front of me. The music was so different than what I was listening to (except for Genesis, I still love that band). And the lyrics!!! I can honestly say that Tool was the first band to which I could really relate to, in terms of lyrics.

After buying and listening to the album for a whole year and a half every day (no kidding, I really did that) I knew I found the thing I was serching for. A group that I could love and listen for years to come.

Because of this group, I learned that being different was all right. Because of this group, I learned to accept myself for what I am. Tool made my living hell a better place to be. Tool helped me survive that muddy hell that being 16 years old is all about. Tool helped me grow and become more peaceful with myself.

P.S. I know there's a lot of mistake in my post. I usually speak and write French :P

Almost forgot: I know Bill Hicks from Tool :)