View Single Post
bellamadia's Avatar bellamadia
06-09-2006, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon08
I am a Christian, and true Christianity teaches love and acceptance of everyone, and release from negative energy.
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.... WOW I needed a laugh today, thank you!

Quote:
if you don't agree with your priest, try another church, because there are many open-minded Christians out there (like myself), you just have to know where to look.
Yes, but the ideas of Christianity remain the same. Those preists, parishes, etc. that take it upon themselves to twist the word to fit what they believe are, in theory, creating a different interpretation and hence their own version of Christianity. If you consider yourself a particular religion then you don't get to pick and choose what you believe in. If you do then you cannot officially call yourself by your religion. No offense to you, but you may believe many Christian ideas but I don't think you can call yourself Christian if you are willing to consider and believe other options and from your last few sentences, it seems you may.

Quote:
if your conversion has turned out for the better, i.e. you feel better about your life, then i fully support it, but it seems like Christianity-bashing has simply become a fad.
Fair statment and probably true.

Quote:
Anytime you feel that you are open-minded, it's time to go further. i learned this the hard way. i used to be arrogant and condescending of others in my confidence that i was more open to new things then them, and in doing so i created much negative tension in myself. i now constantly question how open i am, and feel much more positive as a result. i question whether my point of views are the incorrect ones, and whether the ones i criticize are correct. in fact, i'm doing that right now in regard to this post, and as a result, i will be much more open and receptive to criticism.
Great statement!

Last edited by bellamadia; 06-09-2006 at 07:54 AM..
Old 06-09-2006, 07:49 AM   #102
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 1
Re: How has Tool affected your outlook

Quote:
I am a Christian, and true Christianity teaches love and acceptance of everyone, and release from negative energy.
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.... WOW I needed a laugh today, thank you!

Quote:
if you don't agree with your priest, try another church, because there are many open-minded Christians out there (like myself), you just have to know where to look.
Yes, but the ideas of Christianity remain the same. Those preists, parishes, etc. that take it upon themselves to twist the word to fit what they believe are, in theory, creating a different interpretation and hence their own version of Christianity. If you consider yourself a particular religion then you don't get to pick and choose what you believe in. If you do then you cannot officially call yourself by your religion. No offense to you, but you may believe many Christian ideas but I don't think you can call yourself Christian if you are willing to consider and believe other options and from your last few sentences, it seems you may.

Quote:
if your conversion has turned out for the better, i.e. you feel better about your life, then i fully support it, but it seems like Christianity-bashing has simply become a fad.
Fair statment and probably true.

Quote:
Anytime you feel that you are open-minded, it's time to go further. i learned this the hard way. i used to be arrogant and condescending of others in my confidence that i was more open to new things then them, and in doing so i created much negative tension in myself. i now constantly question how open i am, and feel much more positive as a result. i question whether my point of views are the incorrect ones, and whether the ones i criticize are correct. in fact, i'm doing that right now in regard to this post, and as a result, i will be much more open and receptive to criticism.
Great statement!

Last edited by bellamadia; 06-09-2006 at 07:54 AM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote