View Single Post
Towelie's Avatar Towelie
06-08-2006, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by <wood>
I used to love Tool's music until I learned that the they are really Tools of Satan.

To all those of you who are just dying to rip me a new one... Look I've really enjoyed reading and posting on this board. I was open to ideas, I listened. But when MJK said what he said, I cannot in good conscience support the band or the devil.
Why would we want to rip you a new one? You are being honest and sincere. You can't ask much more from a human. I said before, if your decisions are based on Love (as opposed to fear) and Truth, it's all good.

From what I know, there is no such thing as a Satan except in the minds of mankind (and, a few episodes of South Park). Outside of the consciousness of those who wish to believe it exists, it does not. Satan is a tool of fear control. And, to me at least, a complete and utter disgrace to me and whatever intellectual capacity that I run via two AAA batteries. :)

And, for the sake of argument, let's say Satan an Hell does exist. Didn't your God create all that is? So, wouldn't that include Satan and Hell as well?

In my reality, I allow all things to exist and be. After all, if God or whatever created me, he also gave me the ultimate gift of love called freedom. So, it's a personal duty of mine to pass the same gift to everything I can... Including your belief of Satan. But, hey, I might poke fun some days. We can't be taking ourselves that seriously, right?

Anyway, I can't speak for Tool. But, dude, that's all satire to them. It's funny. Nobody lost their life over it. It's just a word. Their humor is for those who get it and those who don't are left thinking... "wtf?" And, that's always funny because they are the type of people who actually do give a shit and are not there to harm anyone or anything. They just want to create worth and be free to do it how they please. They are a gift for those who accept them. And, that pretty much goes for everything they are involved in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyguy
Tool have resurrected me. Saved me from a period of depression and suicidal thoughts. I am thankful for my rebirth, although living in ignorance is easier it is also much less fruitful. I get annoyed with people just existing, not contributing anything. Credit is given to those who pollute our information networks with mind numbing shit.
Thank you for sticking. Believe me, when one gives up the fight, it makes it tougher for the rest of us. I sincerely thank you and all who have faced that decision but decided to fight it out.

I'm going to stick until all of you motherfuckers that I care about decide to leave. I have your back until then. When that happens, it's ice creme truck time. My friend and I have a pact that, when you hear we were killed by a ice creme truck, it was our time to go.

Until ice creme truck do we part!

Last edited by Towelie; 06-08-2006 at 12:24 PM..
Old 06-08-2006, 12:10 PM   #98
Banned.

Bincount™: 7
Re: How has Tool affected your outlook

Quote:
Originally Posted by <wood>
I used to love Tool's music until I learned that the they are really Tools of Satan.

To all those of you who are just dying to rip me a new one... Look I've really enjoyed reading and posting on this board. I was open to ideas, I listened. But when MJK said what he said, I cannot in good conscience support the band or the devil.
Why would we want to rip you a new one? You are being honest and sincere. You can't ask much more from a human. I said before, if your decisions are based on Love (as opposed to fear) and Truth, it's all good.

From what I know, there is no such thing as a Satan except in the minds of mankind (and, a few episodes of South Park). Outside of the consciousness of those who wish to believe it exists, it does not. Satan is a tool of fear control. And, to me at least, a complete and utter disgrace to me and whatever intellectual capacity that I run via two AAA batteries. :)

And, for the sake of argument, let's say Satan an Hell does exist. Didn't your God create all that is? So, wouldn't that include Satan and Hell as well?

In my reality, I allow all things to exist and be. After all, if God or whatever created me, he also gave me the ultimate gift of love called freedom. So, it's a personal duty of mine to pass the same gift to everything I can... Including your belief of Satan. But, hey, I might poke fun some days. We can't be taking ourselves that seriously, right?

Anyway, I can't speak for Tool. But, dude, that's all satire to them. It's funny. Nobody lost their life over it. It's just a word. Their humor is for those who get it and those who don't are left thinking... "wtf?" And, that's always funny because they are the type of people who actually do give a shit and are not there to harm anyone or anything. They just want to create worth and be free to do it how they please. They are a gift for those who accept them. And, that pretty much goes for everything they are involved in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyguy
Tool have resurrected me. Saved me from a period of depression and suicidal thoughts. I am thankful for my rebirth, although living in ignorance is easier it is also much less fruitful. I get annoyed with people just existing, not contributing anything. Credit is given to those who pollute our information networks with mind numbing shit.
Thank you for sticking. Believe me, when one gives up the fight, it makes it tougher for the rest of us. I sincerely thank you and all who have faced that decision but decided to fight it out.

I'm going to stick until all of you motherfuckers that I care about decide to leave. I have your back until then. When that happens, it's ice creme truck time. My friend and I have a pact that, when you hear we were killed by a ice creme truck, it was our time to go.

Until ice creme truck do we part!

Last edited by Towelie; 06-08-2006 at 12:24 PM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote