View Single Post
ćmoeba•°·.'s Avatar ćmoeba•°·.
06-07-2006, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlanketEffect
Does anyone remember hearing about Maynard thanking Satan in his Grammy acceptance speech for Schism? He wasn't really thanking Satan, per se... I think it's more along the line of him making fun of all the phonies that get up there and thank "God" out of one face and then go snort an 8-ball after the show. I think he was just saying, in a nutshell, 'if I'm going to thank someone I don't really have any respect/care/concern/regard for... I may as well piss some stupid people off while I'm at it." - Obviously it worked.
Mhm, and you don't base his impression on scarcity either. Tool doesn't play Satan worshipping music, listen to 10,000 Days, even the songs that weren't dedicated to his mother weren't even Satanic, so <Wood>, don't get drawn into that state of mind, that Maynard worships Satan.

-Ć/ć
Old 06-07-2006, 08:49 PM   #87
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 9
Re: How has Tool affected your outlook

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlanketEffect
Does anyone remember hearing about Maynard thanking Satan in his Grammy acceptance speech for Schism? He wasn't really thanking Satan, per se... I think it's more along the line of him making fun of all the phonies that get up there and thank "God" out of one face and then go snort an 8-ball after the show. I think he was just saying, in a nutshell, 'if I'm going to thank someone I don't really have any respect/care/concern/regard for... I may as well piss some stupid people off while I'm at it." - Obviously it worked.
Mhm, and you don't base his impression on scarcity either. Tool doesn't play Satan worshipping music, listen to 10,000 Days, even the songs that weren't dedicated to his mother weren't even Satanic, so <Wood>, don't get drawn into that state of mind, that Maynard worships Satan.

-Ć/ć