View Single Post
<wood>
06-07-2006, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlanketEffect
Does anyone remember hearing about Maynard thanking Satan in his Grammy acceptance speech for Schism? He wasn't really thanking Satan, per se... I think it's more along the line of him making fun of all the phonies that get up there and thank "God" out of one face and then go snort an 8-ball after the show. I think he was just saying, in a nutshell, 'if I'm going to thank someone I don't really have any respect/care/concern/regard for... I may as well piss some stupid people off while I'm at it." - Obviously it worked.
I'm not pissed, except that for me it does matter that he said that. Maybe I'm stupid, but that tramples on my belief system. I don't knock those who are athiest, agnostic, whatever. That's thier choice, I have made mine based on my upbringing and my life experience. I am glad to be who I am.

If you want to trash me, go ahead, but I am just being honest and trying to get to the bottom of his comments. Obviously it worked.
Old 06-07-2006, 08:48 PM   #86
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: How has Tool affected your outlook

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlanketEffect
Does anyone remember hearing about Maynard thanking Satan in his Grammy acceptance speech for Schism? He wasn't really thanking Satan, per se... I think it's more along the line of him making fun of all the phonies that get up there and thank "God" out of one face and then go snort an 8-ball after the show. I think he was just saying, in a nutshell, 'if I'm going to thank someone I don't really have any respect/care/concern/regard for... I may as well piss some stupid people off while I'm at it." - Obviously it worked.
I'm not pissed, except that for me it does matter that he said that. Maybe I'm stupid, but that tramples on my belief system. I don't knock those who are athiest, agnostic, whatever. That's thier choice, I have made mine based on my upbringing and my life experience. I am glad to be who I am.

If you want to trash me, go ahead, but I am just being honest and trying to get to the bottom of his comments. Obviously it worked.