View Single Post
Huff's Avatar Huff
05-10-2006, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiralReflection
Being a CD that isn't in 5.1, doesn't it sound more distorted on surround sound systems? What is an ideal setup for playing CD? Simplying finding 2 high quality stereo speakers and a receiver?
You are correct Sprial. A CD that's recorded in stereo (as this one is) needs to be reproduced in stereo. All you do when you take a stereo disc and play it in 5.1 is create a fake 5.1 that sounds mushy and shitty in general. The basically take any out of phase signals coming out and re-direct them through the back and center speakers...and the cutoffs aren't set right for any sub either.

Definitely stick to playing it through stereo bud.
---
I also must say I thoroughly enjoy the sound on my Shure noise canceling headphones I got as a gift, they're definitely worth the $300 my dad paid

God this album owns on headphones eh?? Damn.....

-David Cross
Old 05-10-2006, 05:24 AM   #31
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Setups you've heard 10K days on....(Audiophiles!!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiralReflection
Being a CD that isn't in 5.1, doesn't it sound more distorted on surround sound systems? What is an ideal setup for playing CD? Simplying finding 2 high quality stereo speakers and a receiver?
You are correct Sprial. A CD that's recorded in stereo (as this one is) needs to be reproduced in stereo. All you do when you take a stereo disc and play it in 5.1 is create a fake 5.1 that sounds mushy and shitty in general. The basically take any out of phase signals coming out and re-direct them through the back and center speakers...and the cutoffs aren't set right for any sub either.

Definitely stick to playing it through stereo bud.
---
I also must say I thoroughly enjoy the sound on my Shure noise canceling headphones I got as a gift, they're definitely worth the $300 my dad paid

God this album owns on headphones eh?? Damn.....

-David Cross
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote